Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Integrating from VDJ7 to VJD8 (Mac Version)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello,

Love the new version of VDJ, but the only issue I have is that none of my controllers are showing up in it. How would I add my previous settings to this new version?

Thank you.

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 8:45 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
What are your controller's names ?

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 8:57 pm
Well I have a M-Audio Midi Keyboard (Which I made a custom midi setup.) and a ION Discover DJ

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 9:03 pm
Unfortunately Simple Midi mappings need to be redone for version 8.

for the ION device i ll need your help, as we dont have any sample unit here, and the version 7 mapper was only based on deprecated sysexid.
I will need the following...
1..Open Device Manager from Control Panel of windows, and right-click on the ION Device you will see in there (should be in Sound, video and game controllers folder) and choose Properties. From the Details tab of the new window, choose the Hardware ID property. Post a screenshot of that window here.
2. From Device Manager, right-click on the sound card of the ION device (it should be in the audio Inputs/Outputs folder) and choose Properties.Select the Hardware ID proprty from the Details tab and post a screenshot here as well.

thank you

PS. Is that the Pro model ? It has a built-in sound card right ? If not, step 2 is not necessary.

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 10:33 pm
I booted up Windows in bootcamp to give you this info. Not sure if you knew that I'm on a Mac. Thank you for your help and I will surely help you if you need it for this device.

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 10:39 pm

Sorry I forgot the image and this isn't the Pro version. Thank you.

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 10:39 pm
Ok, i have pushed a small update. Please launch version 8, have it run for a few minutes (in order to silently get updated), close and launch again. You should be able to see the build number ending at ..628 on the top side of the settings window. If not, then please allow a few more minutes to get updated and relaunch after a while.

PS. Please do that on Windows side. Not entirely sure that the silent update works on Mac at the moment.
thank you

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 10:56 pm
Well i just tested it on the PC side and it works on 626, but on the Mac it doesn't work. :(

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 11:44 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)