Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Automix window - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

wfitchPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Been playing with V8 tonight. So far, the sound is amazing, the smartmix is even more amazing then it was before, and loving the skin resizing.

In the automix window, if I select "shuffle", it actually does shuffle the playing of the playlist songs, but it in V7.4, it would shuffle the actual list, so you could still see the order that songs were going to be played. It does not seem to do this in V8.

I did see the "will play at" header, which is awesome btw. I tried sorting on that, but it did not seem to change anything.

Am I seeing this right?

Thanks in advance!

Ward

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 8:06 pm
I'm going to report this as a bug i think.

If when shuffled the times changed, then fine.
Or if the order of the songs change like in v7 then fine.

But it does neither.

Thanks for letting us know.

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 8:28 pm
There's definitely stuff not working right with the Automix.
A lot of wedding DJ's use the automix.

The Shuffle function needs to physically shuffle the songs in the list. How else are we going to know what's coming up in the next few songs.
Someone comes up to the DJ booth to request a song already in the automix and we can then say the song comes up in about two or three songs.
If the list doesn't shuffle that ability is gone.

Also, I can't seem to reorder the list once the automix is playing. Being able to moving a song up or down in the list is crucial.
In one occasion I couldn't even place a song in the list either. Automix needs to work Atomix!

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 11:13 pm
Update:

Shuffle the list is still a problem.

Reordering in the Automix does work when loading a saved playlist.
I initially right clicked a virtual folder and loaded that in automix and there's no re-ordering possible there. Workaround is to load the virtual folder in the automix and save it as a playlist and then load the saved playlist in the automix to allow re-ordering.

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 11:33 pm
gkon116PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Can you check something for me? I tried dragging a song out of auto-mix and couldn't; I had to right click & choose remove. I tried it on the sidelist/playlist and the auto-mix side screens and couldn't drag a song out. I'm using it on a Mac.

Cheers,

Nick

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 12:04 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You can also use the delete button on your keyboard to remove songs from the automix.
Dragging a song out is indeed not possible.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 1:03 am
Adion wrote :
You can also use the delete button on your keyboard to remove songs from the automix.
Dragging a song out is indeed not possible.

Thanks for your response, I realize it's not a big deal, but is this something we can request to add?

Cheers,

Nick

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 1:06 am
I am testing on pc windows 7. I cannot rearrange song list when in automix, which was a great feature in v7. I also cannot drag a song from the playlist which was a great thing on v7, would love to have this on v8. I am loving v8 thanks team great work!
Keep em dancing

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 1:38 am
djernie2 wrote :
I also cannot drag a song from the playlist which was a great thing on v7, would love to have this on v8.

Update: I tried the delete button that works fine, so i guess i can just delete to remove from the automix. Thanks

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 1:42 am
But i really would like to be able to rearrange songs in the automix. I also can not change the fade point as i was able to do in v7. I could just click the fade indicator and slide it back to another fade out position. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 1:51 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
In the manual there is a whole description on editing the mix points.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 2:04 am
I was reading the automix section and it shows editing the beat counts, 4, 16, but that is not what i mean. If a song is playing and i want to mix out in the middle of the song all i had to do was drag the mix point to where i wanted to mix out and there would be a smooth fade out and the next track starts. thanks.
keep em dancing
blkjk is this what you were referring to.
(Automix Length
Length used for the Automix Fade types. Lengths are 0 seconds (cut), or 1, 2, 4, 8, or 16 seconds fades using the full crossfade)

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 8:50 am
djernie2 wrote :
I was reading the automix section and it shows editing the beat counts, 4, 16, but that is not what i mean. If a song is playing and i want to mix out in the middle of the song all i had to do was drag the mix point to where i wanted to mix and there would be a smooth fade out and the next track starts. thanks.
keep em dancing

Edit
I notice that (mix now) will do this, so I guess I will use this method now. Thanks

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 9:01 am
blckjck wrote :
In the manual there is a whole description on editing the mix points.

Is this what you were referring to?

(Automix Length
Length used for the Automix Fade types. Lengths are 0 seconds (cut), or 1, 2, 4, 8, or 16 seconds fades using the full crossfade)[/quote]

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 9:11 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
You can edit the automix POI's for it to always mix at that point on the track. For immediate mixing, I mapped a button for automix_skip.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 6:36 pm
blckjck wrote :
You can edit the automix POI's for it to always mix at that point on the track. For immediate mixing, I mapped a button for automix_skip.

For immediate mixing, I found out if I double click any track in the list, it will mix it in right away.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 7:00 pm
Here is another problem with automix.

When dragging and dropping a song into the box sometimes it doesn't show up. Then when you drag another song in it appears.

Anyone else seen this?

DJ James

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 7:55 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Yes, this was already reported.
But unfortunately it's very hard to reproduce because it doesn't happen always.
So very hard for the developer to fix that issue.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 3:55 am
Paulm72PRO InfinityMember since 2014
jamesvanek wrote :
Here is another problem with automix.

When dragging and dropping a song into the box sometimes it doesn't show up. Then when you drag another song in it appears.

Anyone else seen this?

DJ James

Yeah i have had that a few times

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 8:02 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
shure that all tracks you used are scanned and added...?

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 8:04 am
77%