Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Availability of skins for 8?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

At what point will the various version 8 skins which have been shown in the media and at events be made available?

I'd prefer a skin which has the icons along the top edge of the browser rather than the left side, because on small screens the vertical icons can get very cramped.

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 11:11 am
These were beta skins. The skin provided in the download are the only default skins available.

There are some custom (user) skins which will be available soon.

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 11:12 am
Groovin the icons are embedded in the browser right now...
A skin can't change their location.

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 11:13 am
Another issue with the included skins is that they're all 1920x1080 which doesn't scale well when used on smaller screens (i.e. laptop).

PhantomDeejay wrote :
the icons are embedded in the browser

Then that's bad, because when using the skins on small screens with limited vertical resolution, or using a v7 skin with limited browser space, that area can become cramped - to the point of icons disappearing or displaying on top of each other.

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 11:15 am
What screen resolution are you using and what issues are you having?

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 11:17 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
What do you mean?
I have a 1366x768 resolution and everything is fine here.

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 11:18 am
Yup same here, 1366x768 and everything looks good.

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 11:58 am
The tabs that separate the browser areas (folders/sideview/info) are very small at the res of my XP laptop (1280 x 800) to the extent that the text on them is unreadable.

Other skin text is also poor at 1280 x 800, like the Hot Cue, Effect and Loop headings with their 3D embedded look, and some of the mixer labelling i.e. master vol.

The clock is also extremely small.

On my netbook (1024 x 600) forget it!!!

Using V7 skins that have a lower default resolution, the browser sizing isn't an issue and the tabs are large, suggesting that what's required is some lower res default skins for 8. Just having one HD res skin doesn't cut it, as squishing it doesn't product clear results.

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 12:22 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I am sure lots of custom skins with custom browsers and custom icons will come soon. There are a few already awaiting approval, but we ll keep them for a day or 2 in order users to to get used with the features of the new version and test it with the Default skins.

The default skins are indeed made in 1920x resolution to offer the best graphic results to the most popular resolutions. 1280x800 is not one at this time i am afraid, however, i am sure that skinners will provide alternatives very soon.

Posted Sun 11 May 14 @ 2:26 pm
Yea.. Im 1366x768 and I hope it looks good...

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 9:09 am
With the latest build, my VMS4.1 now works beautifully, THANK YOU!!!! Absolutely a great job with the new software, and an even better job with the speed in which you all are handling "bugs". In terms of skins, are there any plans redo or remake the VMS4 skins, (my favorites) or should I get accustomed to another skin? Thank you in advance for your response

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 8:03 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)