Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: First impressions - Page: 25

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I am still having the issue of shift long holding + hot cue (or any function for that matter) does not work. If I shift short hold + hot cue (holding shift for less than a second) it works. However this has a knock on effect that if you are in 4 deck mode it shifts (shift button LED lights up) to decks 3 and 4. Switching back to 2 deck mode it still switches to 4 deck mode and the only way to get it working again (at least for short shift hold) is to restart VDJ8 in 2 deck mode. A reminder that it is a Novation Twitch controller with latest USB/MIDI driver.

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 5:05 pm
If that screen is plugged into that graphics card, what does that tell you? ;-)

The video selection is being reviewed, but this was designed to make things easier and less setting up required.

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 5:05 pm
DJ_SVOPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Thanks Dan. Plugged in and unplugged it shows Intel 4000. I'll wait for the review and see what comes up.

Thanks!!!

PS. By the way, the program get two thumbs up.

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 5:12 pm
djtouchdan wrote :
Wow - master_tempo is significantly improved. We've had people test this at +/- 50% and you can noticeably hear the difference. As with everything in the work, it's subjective and personal.

Pitch and Scratch in the options menu are only beneficial for timecode users really.

my apologies , i will say that many variables exist between machines and i would say mine isn't the gold standard to be used , there maybe other factors I'm unaware of. I hate to nit pick but on my system ASUS i7 3d gen with Denon controller i can hear a difference , i don't mention this to be negative just a observation , maybe i need a mac lol

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 5:23 pm
No problem with your opinions. Was just surprised.

No need for Mac - the PC should be perfectly adequate.

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 5:27 pm
any way to import my virtual folders from vdj7 oh and the automix sucks but if your gonna use something like that you might as well not be a dj the beats dont line up and sounds like a train crash

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 5:33 pm
LudekPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Adion wrote :
kidmixx wrote :
...For example, if I go from R&B (A to Z) to Rock it opens the folder somewhere in the middle of the order instead of at the top of the order... In other words, instead of A to Z it opens at (let's say) "L". I have to click to set the order to A to Z and then scroll to the top of the tracks. With a large library this became an annoyance but definitely not a deal breaker.

This is actually a feature, not a bug :)
The browser remembers the position for each folder, so that when you return to a folder you can start looking where you left.

Can you add an option to keep the old behaviour as in VDJ7?

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/187643/VirtualDJ_8_Pre-Release_Forum/Any_way_to_change_the_browser_sorting.html

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 5:34 pm
cue with the option first beats fails sometimes in the middle of a bar, whats that all about is there any chance of a better beatgrid detection.

Have we also lost the headroom selection as i see the limiter kicking in

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 5:41 pm
djtouchdan wrote :
No problem with your opinions. Was just surprised.

No need for Mac - the PC should be perfectly adequate.

the Mac comment was a jab , I have used VDJ since 08 with zero issues on PC and with no sound difference (i play with other djs who use VDJ on Mac) I would like to add that those using PC with NVIDIA cards , you have to go into the NVIDIA control panel and make sure that VDJ 8 is using the card and not integrated graphics, this solved some issues for me. to reiterate the master tempo sound difference is something i was listening for , is it possible I'm wanting to hear a difference ? i won't argue ...its possible, i would need others to hear a difference as well or at least comment . in summary this is a amazing new piece of software , 3 years in the making and just like a pot of water on the stove it was ready when i stopped waiting for it boil.

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 5:57 pm
First impression:

Looks like its quite a learning curve for some of us that aren't too tech savvy. But then again I've only used it for about 20 minutes total. Been busy, haven't had time to play with it or even keep up with all these posts. ..next week I'll have my first crack at it. Thanks for your hard work on this update!!

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 12:19 am
What Denon controller are you using, and what are your sound configurations?

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 12:23 am
cj-janPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Edit... wrong thread

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 2:06 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
DJ_SVO wrote :
External screen for testing is a Sharp 32" flat-screen connected via HDMI. On 7.4 when starting up it showed the 4000 and as soon as you selected Hardware Acceleration the NVIDIA was automatically selected. On 8 it just shows the Intel and no drop down option. Videos play fine on the external but I would like to be sure everything goes to the NVIDIA and not the 4000.

Fist make sure you set vdj8.exe to use the stronger video card in your Nvidia settings.

Now download this plugin and activate it on master output.
http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/12763/FPS.html

Now you should be able to tell which videocard is used.

My laptop too has 2 video cards. An internal intel 4000 and a nvidia gt740m.
But the config will always show me the intel 4000 it never changes to nvidia.

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 3:42 am
crazyboy7 wrote :
Have we also lost the headroom selection as i see the limiter kicking in

No, you can set more headroom by using the zerodb config option.

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 4:25 am
thanks for info, i must say lots of extras in this and nicely laid out, but im too experiencing some high cpu load and my lappy runs nothing but vdj maybe its the skin as its slighty lower with some of the older skins but be careful some of the side buttons dont work on some skins..

all in all i like 8

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 4:43 am
What's your laptop screen resolution?

I wonder if this high CPU issue is related to the old version 7 problem when using a skin that's not the same res as your screen......

See, all the new ones are 1920x1080 and if your laptop's lower then it needs to be squished.

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 5:03 am
1280 x 800

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 5:12 am
ZamoodaPRO InfinityMember since 2010
djtouchdan wrote :
DJ_SVO wrote :
Zamooda wrote :

The Lappy that I am using is Dell Inspiron Win 8 i7 3630QM 8G ram Nvidia 650 (which does not show up in VDJ 8. Yes i did assign the card to work with VDJ 8 - still does not give me an option

The program has worked perfectly in all my testing, however I just noticed the issue with the video card. My Sony Vaio has an NVIDIA GeForce 735M with 1 GB dedicated but it does not show up as an available selection, even with the correct program and card settings on the NVIDIA Control panel.

So are you saying you can't push the video to the screens plugged into the Nvidia card?

OR it just doesn't show in the list? VDJ 8 should automatically detect screen that are plugged in.

Correct it just doesnt show the Nvidia Card...i had no issues with just plugging in a monitor and it working

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 9:16 am
Which graphics card are you plugin your monitor into?

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 9:32 am
DJ_SVOPRO InfinityMember since 2006
PachN wrote :

Fist make sure you set vdj8.exe to use the stronger video card in your Nvidia settings.

Now download this plugin and activate it on master output.
http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/12763/FPS.html

Now you should be able to tell which videocard is used.

My laptop too has 2 video cards. An internal intel 4000 and a nvidia gt740m.
But the config will always show me the intel 4000 it never changes to nvidia.

Ok, I downloaded the file and it's in the video effects but, how do I assign it to the master output in the program?
Thanks!

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 11:13 am
66%