Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: First impressions - Page: 22

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

cj-janPRO InfinityMember since 2004
bagpuss wrote :
cj-jan wrote :

[*]i can not disable the "Live Feedback" which i don't like

There is an option to disable this by going to browser options (small 'dot' at the bottom left), root elements and deselect live feedback, however even after disabling the live feedback bar still shows and still updates. Must be a bug.

Personally I'd rather the software didn't go online at all, it certainly doesn't when I play out. But by enabling "internetdontconnect" I'm informed that "most features wont be available" how very nice :(.

That is not correct,
it only does no longer show the icon and the folder in the left browser sektion.
But it always shows the next recommended song at the bottom of the songlist browser.

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 4:31 pm
seems the Denon X-600 mixer no longer works correctly in 8 , i think maybe Denon needs a new driver , only outputs one channel , can't seem to use it in external mixer mode just the left channel running but other than that major improvements all the way around ! anyone want to buy a X-600 ? haha

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 4:32 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
cj-jan, As we've now established, apparently there will be an option to disable this in the next update.

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 4:33 pm
If its not broke don't fix it. Some of the most obvious benefits have been changed . Karaoke section its more complicated. We know the names of the singers as its on the piece of paper they wrote the request on. Would beuseful with a function like some software advising folk at the bottom of the screen of how many before they are up. Songs jumping from one list to another issue by design it appears ie. Side View, Automix, Add folder / Clone list although the idea of being able to Drag songs suggestions is good. The side view of details of a song why ? When details were easily accessible in VDJ7 . Automix was reliable in VDJ 7 for playing music during Karaoke Breaks , it plays in the background automatically using Deck ones controls but not the actual table . Also when you click on Automix it switches to sidelist or don't work so you have restart VDJ 8 .

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 6:39 pm
How do I output to my external video card on MAC VDJ 8

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 7:16 pm
stretch107 wrote :
seems the Denon X-600 mixer no longer works correctly in 8 , i think maybe Denon needs a new driver , only outputs one channel , can't seem to use it in external mixer mode just the left channel running but other than that major improvements all the way around ! anyone want to buy a X-600 ? haha

was it working with the 7.4 version, if the answer is yes are you sure it's the mixer?

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 7:57 pm
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
What do you do to get ratings, comments, cue points, an even fields 1 notes to transfer correctly from vdj 7 to current vdj 8?
If not it would be a lot of work to start from the beginning again?

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 8:44 pm
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
When I press the stop button it jumps to the next or previous hot cue mark. What gives?

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 8:46 pm
djmagicmoments wrote :
Back to BPM'ing... can anyone please explain the "TAP" button and how it works?

I tap it and it is all over the place.

Tap Bpm does seem sloppy....

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 1:25 am
You only need to tap 4 times, to get the correct bpm.

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 2:47 am
i cant get vdj8 to run on dell d630 2.2ghz duo core 3 gb ram any ideas please.. running win7 32bit

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 4:29 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Any error messages or sth. like that?
What doesn't work?

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 4:31 am
nothing at all i tried to reinstall and rebooted several times..

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 5:10 am
i dont even get a loading screen if that helps

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 5:40 am
It installed OK though? It just won't start when you double click the icon?

Have you tried "run as administrator"?

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 5:51 am
hi yes i have tried that, its most confusing do i need to uninstall vdj 7 first as i dont want to lose my files within the software

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 6:22 am
gonna try on different pc

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 6:23 am
There is no loading screen BTW. It just opens straight in to the software.

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 6:53 am
weird it runs on an inferior pc

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 7:08 am
Has this inferior PC also got VDJ 7 on it?

I'm thinking maybe something in your VDJ 7 directory (on the problem PC) may be affecting the running of VDJ 8.

Maybe try backing up your v7 directories then clearing them out and trying 8 again.

Posted Thu 15 May 14 @ 7:35 am
58%