Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: First impressions - Page: 10

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

1 - got excited
2 - downloaded pre release vdj 8
3 - it loaded up, i went to resize the screen, now VDJ is completely black.. even when i rebooted and tried to open it again..

I have teamviewer guys, and m online now, feel free to connect to one of my studio machines and see the huge bugs in action - its totally unusable.. :(

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 3:00 am
Whilst the software is browsing through files VDJ 8 won't allow any files to be opened so therefore if in the middle of a gig you click on a large music file VDJ 8 can not be worked with unless a folder has been previously loaded to the right hand side panel.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 3:54 am
Do you mean while it's scanning?

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 3:57 am
I loving the new V8, however the BPM analysis does not seem as smooth as V7... Even tapping it out seems to be over the place...

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 4:09 am
I have the MAC version of VDJ 7.
I do weddings, so I will wait a few days before loading and using the version 8 on live events.. But, can I have both installed at the same time?
I want to have 8 to start practicing at home or when guests are not in the room, but i Stil want the secure feeling of version 7 never crashed on me..
When I feel confortable 8 is really 100% ok for me, I will make the full swich and uninstall v7.

So, can I have them both installed on my mac (not runnig both at the same time, obviously)?

Zorza

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 4:59 am
zorza100 wrote :
can I have both installed at the same time?

Yes you can.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 5:03 am
dydy1 wrote :
synthet1c wrote :
dydy1 wrote :
Is there a way to import my old mapping to VirtualDJ8? VJDJ8 does not recognize my Denon DNS-1200s!

You might have to create the devices folder and put your definition in there if it's a new installation separate form VDJ7.

What is the new procedure to do that? How do you create a new device folder?

just goto your vdj folder, right click and select "create new folder" then call it devices.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 5:09 am
groovindj wrote :
Do you mean while it's scanning?

Yes. Decks were playing and I clicked on a folder which hadn't been scanned and VDJ8 wouldn't allow me to open any other folders untill scan had finished. A design issue which I can see being a liability which wasn't in VDJ7.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 5:44 am
[quote=zorza100]I have the MAC version of VDJ 7.
I do weddings, so I will wait a few days before loading and using the version 8 on live events.. But, can I have both installed at the same time?
I want to have 8 to start practicing at home or when guests are not in the room, but i Stil want the secure feeling of version 7 never crashed on me..
When I feel confortable 8 is really 100% ok for me, I will make the full swich and uninstall v7.

So, can I have them both installed on my mac (not runnig both at the same time, obviously)?

Zorza[/quote

VDJ 7 won't work whilst 8 is loaded

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 5:49 am
chriso710 wrote :

VDJ 7 won't work whilst 8 is loaded

zorza100 wrote :
not runnig both at the same time, obviously

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 6:01 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
for the moment you can have V7 and V8 installed cause V8 is still Beta. Shure this might change someday....;-)

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 6:09 am
RobRoy wrote :
Shure this might change someday

I hope not!

On my system I have Ableton Live 8 and 9 installed. Four different versions of Cubase. Three versions of Mixed In Key. Two versions of Mashup. Two versions of Max (For Live) etc. etc.

:-)

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 6:17 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
groovin this was just a guess.....;-)
Atomix will decide

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 6:22 am
Yes I realise it's a guess. :-)

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 6:23 am
Adion wrote :
[quote=sleeperawaken]
It's also possible to enable the function "showHorizontalSidelist" in options, which brings back the v7-style sidelist.

Where is this please?

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 7:14 am
Config, options. You'll need to close and reopen 8 for it to take effect.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 7:18 am
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
In the Settings window, go to "Options", make sure that "Show Advanced Options" is checked.

Then type "sidelist" in the Search field.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 7:19 am
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
like it

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 7:48 am
Is it possible to set output to -2db or -4db like in VDJ7, so we can avoid hitting the limiter?

Thanks

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 8:06 am
FINALLY it works on Mac OS 10.7.5 together ( VDJ 8 & VDJ7.4 )
Awesome work guys thank you Atomix… Need to try some more test...

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 8:09 am
26%