Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Simple Scrolling Text

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

In Virtual DJ 8, just a simple scrolling text plug-in that works, scrolls multiple messages, smoothly. Just a simple scrolling plug-in.

Posted Fri 07 Feb 14 @ 2:36 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posted Fri 07 Feb 14 @ 5:24 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Don't know what you mean by "that works" if there are none of the available scrollers working on your set up you either need to look at the plugin set up section or explain yourself more clearly.

There's at least four scrollers available to you so what do you need to do?

Personally I use Scotts Scrolltext and the other one I think you've already guessed.

You got your name for the forums spot on by the way.

Now if you had opened the thread with a positive statement of "how to get multiple scrollers on screen" this thread would have went in a totally different direction.

Understand this, to much information on a screen will bore your audience and more often than not confuse them into which message they should be looking at, either way, they will stop participating in what is happening on the screens.

Posted Fri 07 Feb 14 @ 6:12 pm
Hey Tayla, and your right, I do get Grumpy at times and very much apologize!! The Scrolltext2 works, kinda. I'm running a new Asus X750JP, I7, Nvidia 740 or Intell 4600 so the computer is able. This is what I want. To be able to compose multiple messages that are all displayed in the selection box when I click effects. Then with 4 quick clicks while VDJ is running, effects, disable, enable, browser. Now I just changed messages, and I'm back to the browser with a new message ready to play. It takes 9 clicks to do that now. I know that Scrolltext2 has a disable enable feature on it, but it hasn't worked for me on ether laptop. I have to delete the current message, then open the scroll message file and load a new message. Yes your right about smothering the crowd also, I don't have that in mind. And I wish the messages would scroll smoothly on the TVs instead of have the little jerk motion in them. Just sayin' and sorry about being grumpy.:-) Hey this is the Wish List.:-)

Posted Wed 19 Feb 14 @ 12:07 pm
I'm having trouble running scrolltext . Can't get the font to get any larger., Have it set to 72 but it's still tiny on the screen, Showlogo not working at all. Crashed the system. Any help? Thanks

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 11:05 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)