Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Sound Set Up Issues 7.1 Card

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey all

I've just bought an external Startech 7.1 sound card and I can't seem to set it up correctly to mix using headphones. If I connect my speakers to it and play one deck, if I click the PFL on the other deck it plays also regardless of where the cross fader is! If I plug the headphones into the sound card as well the same thing happens in the headphones.

I'm sure this problem has been on here a million times but if someone can help I'd be very grateful!

Cheers
Rich

Posted Sat 17 Aug 13 @ 2:32 pm

Posted Sat 17 Aug 13 @ 3:24 pm

Posted Sat 17 Aug 13 @ 7:20 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You also might need to make sure that Enhancements are disabled (Option in Playback devices ->Properties). Some times this feature if enabled is preventing channels from separating properly.

Also note, that sometimes manufactures call the built in sound cards of laptops as 5.1 or 7.1 Those are not actually true multi-channel sound cards. They offer kind of a fake Dolby Surround feature, so in case you have a laptop with a built in sound card, you need to skip the instructions for PC with 7.1 and follow the ones refer to laptops.

Posted Sun 18 Aug 13 @ 4:56 am
Cheers all. Will give this a go when the pesky baby of mine wakes up!!!

Posted Sun 18 Aug 13 @ 6:24 am
Oh dear, it turns out after all that the problem was in my sound settings. I had disabled devices invisible, one of which was my speaker running through the 7.1 card which I have now set as my default in the sound card section and it now works like a dream. What a dumbass I am! Sorry for wasting you guys time but all's well that ends well I suppose! Cheers anyway!

Posted Sun 18 Aug 13 @ 10:55 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)