Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: pitch bend / pitch bending mapping

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i just had a quick question, did a search and didn't seem to find anything in the forums or in the vdjscript wiki.

is there anyway to increase the bend limit? what i'd like to do is have the pitch go higher/lower in a bend when the button is held, but further. right now it bends to a certain range then stops. i know to some this sounds absurd, but i like using 1/8 loops pitch_bend + to create drop effects and it would be cool if i could push it further. i've used the registry tool to increase the pitch slider but it doesn't seem to effect the bend at all.

maybe its not possible with 7.3 or past versions, maybe this is something they can add in 8, i don't know.

let me know if anyone can help, its not crucial or anything but would be a nice feature to have in the future.

cheers

Posted Sat 16 Feb 13 @ 5:52 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
From wiki...
pitch_bend : slow down or speed up the song: 'pitch_bend +3%'. you can make the bend to increase slowly by specifying a second time parameter: 'pitch_bend +1% 500ms' will start at +1% and will double every 500ms.

So, the percentage value defines how large will be the step (bend) and the time value (ms) defines how often will that step occur. Try several values, and i m sure you will find the combination that meets your requirements.

Posted Sun 17 Feb 13 @ 8:02 am
djdad wrote :
From wiki...
pitch_bend : slow down or speed up the song: 'pitch_bend +3%'. you can make the bend to increase slowly by specifying a second time parameter: 'pitch_bend +1% 500ms' will start at +1% and will double every 500ms.

So, the percentage value defines how large will be the step (bend) and the time value (ms) defines how often will that step occur. Try several values, and i m sure you will find the combination that meets your requirements.

thanks, i'll try again, i played with the %s and it just seemed like it was still stopping once it reached its "max pitch?" but i'll fiddle with it a little more, add in some time parameters and see what happens. i'm wanting to exceed the stopping point in the bend. i might just have to use the registry tool, increase the pitch percent increments, the remap the pitch bend button to down ? pitch +1 500ms : pitch 50%

just thought i'd ask

cheers

Posted Sun 17 Feb 13 @ 9:44 am
i'll probably want to throw a "repeat" in there aswell lol

Posted Sun 17 Feb 13 @ 12:59 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)