Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: [NEW] VirtualDJ 7.3 - Page: 13

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Thanks for the update! The multi-field search update I am really pleased with!

Posted Sun 18 Nov 12 @ 3:12 pm
trey341PRO InfinityMember since 2005
quick question before i download the update.. it took me forever to figure out the sound setup for this mac book pro with the pioneer cdj 400's.. will the update keep the configurations that i already have?

thanks

Posted Sun 18 Nov 12 @ 9:53 pm
SintarPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Hi Trey47, mine did

Posted Sun 18 Nov 12 @ 11:10 pm
This is a GREAT update. Improved sound quality is terrific and optional limiting is also stellar. Thank you guys!

Posted Mon 19 Nov 12 @ 3:10 am
ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I installed this over 7.0.x and seems ok. But would this update/version do better if installed after a registry wipe and uninstall?

Just wondering to give us a common base to start.

Posted Mon 19 Nov 12 @ 8:57 am
No need to wipe anything (unless you have serious issues that cannot be solved).

As per previous releases just install over the top of the current version.

Keith

Posted Mon 19 Nov 12 @ 9:05 am
When I create a loop, and then hit "cue", the loop shuts off. I don't remember losing the loop in older versions.

I want to create a loop, and then hit cue to get it ready for when I'm going to mix it into a song by hitting "play".

Perhaps with the update something got turned off or on that I can merely re-click to get that loop holding in place?

Anyone know?

Posted Mon 19 Nov 12 @ 9:16 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Goto Config-->Performances tab ->Safe mode.
Uncheck that (if checked) and try again.

Posted Mon 19 Nov 12 @ 9:25 am
Zamooda wrote :
Dev staff wrote :
Zamooda wrote :
Can someone please address the "underwater effect" you hear while cueing a track; you can also hear it while scratching. Again this was not happening in any other version or update only 7.3

What controller are you using?
Try to raise the registry value JogScratchLatency, to 2048 or even 4096 and see if it helps.

Using the Denon MC6000. No issues other than that and its not really an issue just was wondering why it was happening. Sounds amazing.

Also using the Denon MC-6000, but I heard the same thing using a Denon Dn-X600 (soundcard) & S-3700s. I tried increasing JogScratchLatency, but I haven't had any luck getting rid of the "underwater effect". I uninstalled 7.3 and reinstalled 7.0.5 just to make sure that I just didn't notice it before . . . 7.0.5 didn't do it. Still using 7.3 despite this, since all the other good stuff you guys added makes this issue seem a little unimportant.

Posted Mon 19 Nov 12 @ 9:39 am
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
adam2410 wrote :
How or where can I get VDJ 7.2 BACK? I just updated to 7.3 and I am disappointed.

I am using VDJ with Numark Mixdeck on MacBook Pro.

Adam, check the folder where your browser stores downloaded files. On a Mac, it is probably something like [HOME]/Documents/downloads
Unless you specifically deleted the file after installing it last time, it is likely still there and should be recognizable by file-name.

Hope that helps,
-Frd

Posted Mon 19 Nov 12 @ 10:16 am
ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
So far, I think this update fixes the automix glitch that 7.2 (plus other 7.x versions) had.

But like others, while not playing a track, the cpu is about 20% when color waves enable.

Posted Mon 19 Nov 12 @ 12:21 pm
It didn't help the loop from becoming "turned off" when I hit the cue button.

I can't create a loop, and then put it in cue mode to wait for the right part of the song that's playing to mix my loop into it. I do that alot. :(

Posted Mon 19 Nov 12 @ 12:46 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Hmmm not sure what you re after, but maybe your CUE button is assigned as cue_button, meaning that it depends on the play_mode (Pioneer or Numark play mode).
Create a keyboard shortcut as ..
play_mode "Pioneer" ? play_mode "Numark" : play_mode "Pioneer"
that toggles between those modes and see if one or the other mode has the desired behavior for the CUE button.

Posted Mon 19 Nov 12 @ 1:40 pm
Speedy53 wrote :
shaungreen212 wrote :
Native support for denon 3900 in midi mode?

Not yet.

7.4?? Please. I want to switch from serato back to VDJ.

No complaints though, you guys are killing it. We appreciate the team listening to the consumers.

Posted Mon 19 Nov 12 @ 3:54 pm
Damn Numark why the torture....They can come to this site and see the update is approvable...Right after i get my son christmas out the way im upgrading....this is unnecessary..well let me ask is The update approvable?
Well numrk I hope you have someone really on this because i Feel jerked and unappreciated

Posted Mon 19 Nov 12 @ 6:33 pm

Posted Mon 19 Nov 12 @ 6:51 pm
SuperAceMan wrote :
If the update is a must have you are always qualified to cross grade here: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

In my post i already made reference to my schedule to upgrade......and fully have that info...just felt the need to vent....

Posted Mon 19 Nov 12 @ 7:40 pm
Limiter added = great, however, I don't like the "settings" on it - too much pumping going on, even after messing with headroom and lowering gain on the channels.

Can the settings of the limiter be changed (registry?)

Sound quality with the new parametric EQ = stellar indeed!

Thanks.

Posted Tue 20 Nov 12 @ 3:35 am
Yeah but pumping is in! Producers are using on their tracks deliberately....

I'm from the old school where pumping is considered an unwanted side effect of compression, so I don't like it - but it's Gangnam Style!

More pumping on top of already pumped tracks = not a good sound.

Posted Tue 20 Nov 12 @ 7:29 am
Lol, I'm not sure I want my sets to be anymore gangnam style! Here's a suggestion, we need a 'light' to come on when the limiter comes into play, so we know to turn the music down a bit (when the volume passes the threshold to be technical).

Even if it's the best limiter in the world it should still only be used as a safeguard to avoid distortion, you should never have your tunes playing at that level on purpose!!

Anyway, here's my slightly strange idea: to avoid having to re-code every skin ever made to accommodate a 'limiter on' light or notification, how about if the music passes the threshold, the virtual DJ logo on the skin flashes with the word 'TOO LOUD' or Limit or something like that. The logo itself would be a good choice because it's about the only element that every skin contains that is under the control of the dev team rather than the skin makers.

Just a thought, loving the update so far!

Posted Tue 20 Nov 12 @ 12:13 pm
64%