Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Novation Launchpad Mapping & Definition

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Novation Launchpad
I have uploaded a mapper and definition file.

Download Link
http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/15063/Novation_Launchpad.html

The mapper was designed as an add-on for your existing controller with sound card. It does not have transport or volume controls for the decks, but does have the following features:

• 12 sample banks with sampler volume control
  • Effect selection and deck assignment
  • 6 Hot Cue points per deck
  • Filter and effect parameter controls
  • 4 pre-determined effects per deck
  • EQ Kills for active deck
  • Panel swap for both mixer and browser panels as well as browser zoom

The mock-up diagram does not show all the features, but can give you the basic idea. All LEDs that were used for this mapper are customizable as well.

Have some fun with it!!!

Posted Tue 31 Jul 12 @ 9:26 am
how did you assign the led to set up in the colors you choose? is there a quick way to do it and how doyou make them lock and unlock?

Posted Thu 04 Oct 12 @ 3:15 pm
great work, wish I have the Launchpad

Posted Fri 05 Oct 12 @ 11:07 am
I had the launchpad but took it back as it was good but needed a few things to make it great. It would be a great toy for visualation buttons and other stuff. Instead I got the apc 4o as it had better volume controls and some dials and other stuff that can be used to be the dials for the effect .. just the cross fader in it is worth the extra money.. the idea of what he programed it with was the reason I went at the apc.. Im looking at making changes before I release the notes.. Thanks for this posting and help...

Posted Tue 09 Oct 12 @ 2:02 am
I have to agree as it is hard to replace a physical fader with a series of buttons (something just doesn't feel right about it). Hence the reason that this was mapped as an add-on device. If you need a few extra buttons, this will work directly out of the box with the mapper and def file.

TDBennett wrote :
great work, wish I have the Launchpad

You can pick these up fairly cheap new, or purchase gently used. A lot of people got intimidated trying to set it up with Abelton or didn't have the patience to learn the software. You'll see classified ads that say things like "used once" or "didn't have time to use it".

Posted Tue 09 Oct 12 @ 8:41 am
At the recent BPM show in the UK, I spotted this:

It's a Tweaker by Electrix. It kinda sits between the Launchpad and the APC40 - except for price. It's £350.

Posted Tue 09 Oct 12 @ 8:59 am
apc is way cheaper here.. $299.00 at axemusic.. i got it and im just finsihing the programing of it and will post the apc for all to use... its working unreal. I need to get the version 8 soon so that I can remap the effects and lay it out on a second monitor.. Worth all the money...

Posted Thu 11 Oct 12 @ 4:05 pm
That sucks for us Brits.

Our price in the UK converts to $485 Canadian!

Posted Thu 11 Oct 12 @ 4:55 pm
I'm a Numark Cue user and am unable to install the mapper using the installer file. I get "Install failed with error: -6" when running the installer app on OS X 10.8.1. The only difference I've found with Cue vs VDJ is the plugin path is ~/Documents/Numark Cue rather than ~/Documents/VirtualDJ. I've managed to install audio effect plugins without issue using the correct path.

If fixing the installer to work with the Cue branded version is too much effort, any chance I could get just the mapping files to install manually? I'm dying to use my Launchpad as a control surface for VDJ.

Posted Mon 29 Oct 12 @ 10:39 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Download and install Home Free version of VirtualDJ from here.. http://www.virtualdj.com/download/free.html
Then try to download the plugin again.

Once installed in VirtualDJ folder, manually copy the files to Cue folder.

Hope that helps

Posted Wed 31 Oct 12 @ 1:51 pm
drh890PRO InfinityMember since 2011
Hey, I have the Novation Launchpad and Mac, I can't see to get this working! I have unzipped the .zip and installed but when i load up virtual dj nothing lights up on the launchpad and no response from the program when i press a button. I previously had this mapper-

http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/12298/Launchpad.html

but i restored the controller to factory settings and installed the new mapper but havent gotten anything

Posted Mon 12 Nov 12 @ 7:12 pm
drh890PRO InfinityMember since 2011
i figured out my problem, i had multiple device definitions. had to delete the old one!

Posted Mon 12 Nov 12 @ 8:39 pm
I downloaded, installed and everything worked as advertised, the mapping triggers the various effects, loops, samples etc. But when its used the Ableton Live, you press the button below to deactivate the working button. Once I activated a sample or effect i had to go back into the software to turn it off. It may seem obvious, but how do you stop a key once started? You should write a sort of simple quick start guide for us so we can get to grips with the mapping straight away. I get the impression you have done a great job and spent a bit of time creating this, so it would be fantastic to have a walk through. Haven't done one for Traktor as well have you ;-)

Posted Wed 21 Nov 12 @ 1:35 am
I apologize for that. I simply have not had enough time to get a walk through together as it was something that I was intending to do.

The sampler buttons are mapped as play_stutter so it's not an on/off kind of trigger. However, down the right side of the controller is the vertical section of round buttons. You'll notice that when you trigger a sample, the one marked pan (2nd one down) will start flashing red. That is your sampler kill that will stop all triggered samples.

Posted Wed 21 Nov 12 @ 8:08 am
warp3dHome userMember since 2015
Hi is there any mirror for this? I wanted to try out the launchpad with virtual dj 7, I can't download it due to me not remembering the account that I created the licence with so no mappers for me whatsoever.
It's killing me mapping them out seperately, can you lend a hand and whap it over email? I'd be happy to pay.
Thanks
Sam

Posted Mon 21 Sep 15 @ 11:48 pm
If you do have a Pro VDJ license and a serial number, why not contact Atomix support with the details and they should be able to help.

Posted Tue 22 Sep 15 @ 8:17 pm
it wont let me download it

Posted Sat 13 Feb 16 @ 10:19 pm
Your version of Virtual DJ (LE) will only work with the controller it came with - so even if you could download the mapping, you wouldn't be able to use it.

On the other hand, Virtual DJ 8 has native support for the Launchpad. You will however need to buy a license in order to use it.

Posted Sat 13 Feb 16 @ 10:49 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)