Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: "slow start" and "slow stop" fuction

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i mentioned this in another thread but i think it deserves its own thread because its a surprise that it is missing from VDJ in the first place

"slow start" and "slow stop" fuction, with an option (knob) to decide how slow the start and stop are

the activation of the feature through the pressing start or stop on the play button (not buried away in the effects section)

the idea is to emulate the natural slow start and slow stop of a vinyl turntable, because is useful as a mixing technique for

Posted Tue 03 Jul 12 @ 6:27 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Do your presets on the plugin and then add it in to your key control in mapping..

Posted Wed 04 Jul 12 @ 5:18 pm
Are you referring to the "break" & "break start" plugins?

I think your missing my point
Slow start and slow stop should be standard playback functions activated by pressing the play button. Not an effect

If I am triggering an effect plugin it is not as natural or spontaneous as it should be
Because I first must double check if the correct plugin is assigned and if I understand correctly cannot trigger that simply with the play button

It's counter intuitive

Unless there is some way to program this which I am missing

Posted Thu 05 Jul 12 @ 7:20 am
Or you could just use a turntable................everybody wants to talk bad about turntables yet they want their little controllers to act just like one...............

Posted Thu 05 Jul 12 @ 7:35 am
just map the play button with

effect 'brakestart' active

You can map ONINIT so you don't need to set it every time you open the program.

effect 'brakestart' slider 1 30% & effect 'brakestart' slider 70%

or you can map the ns6 start & stop knobs with

effect 'brakestart' slider 1
effect 'brakestart' slider 2

Posted Thu 05 Jul 12 @ 7:57 am
beatbreaker1 wrote :
Or you could just use a turntable................everybody wants to talk bad about turntables yet they want their little controllers to act just like one...............

i dont use brake to emulate a turntable specifically, i do it because i like the sound of it

turntables dont play video....i use VDJ to play video
i have 1210 turntables , i have denon 3700 turntables, and a numark NS7 aswell

and all im saying is i have noticed a very fundamental feature missing from virtual DJ

on digital turntables such as the denon 3700, and numark NS7 the slow start/stop function is not controlled by the platter
and therefore when used as a software controller for Virtual DJ , the slow start is not native supported because it is buried away in the effect section, IMO the wrong place for a basic playback function

bringing my technics 1210s to every gig is a crazy amount of work, i bring them sometimes when i have time & space to do so

regarding controllers: "little" is actually a good thing .....

Posted Thu 05 Jul 12 @ 12:56 pm
synthet1c wrote :

thanks, i will try this and see if it works :)

Posted Thu 05 Jul 12 @ 1:01 pm
yep it worked

thanks synthetic1c !!!

Posted Fri 06 Jul 12 @ 5:11 am
ok, tried this at a gig

...and there are problems

mainly , if you have breakstart plugin assigned to both play buttons, then you try to finish a song with a slow break , while its slowing down you hit play on the other song , and guess what.... the other song also has the slow break effect happening, so instead of having one song ending and another starting, you have two songs ending

IMO effects is not the way to go

still better for VDJ to include a proper slow start slow stop feature.

Posted Thu 23 Aug 12 @ 3:39 pm
You dont have it mapped properly............ Works on my Mixdeck perfectly. Give me a few to check my script.

Posted Thu 23 Aug 12 @ 5:37 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
I have not tested this, but it should work.

Try making a copy of the "break" effect plugin and rename it with a "2" after the name. Use the second one for the second deck... Modify your maps for that second deck too.

Posted Mon 27 Aug 12 @ 6:55 pm
yea, its a good idea, i had thaught of this aswell

but in the mapper options there is not a seperate PLAY option for right and left deck, only one which covers both

so i dont see how i could access these seperatly

Posted Sun 09 Sep 12 @ 2:53 pm
ntsarbPRO InfinityMember since 2014
-

Posted Sun 07 Sep 14 @ 12:29 pm
ntsarbPRO InfinityMember since 2014
ntsarb wrote :
synthet1c wrote :

I'm a newbie in VirtualDJ and I realise there's so much you can do with scripting.

Is it feasible to use "slow stop" and then "slow start" in sync with the initial beat, i.e. just before the "slow stop"? I think it would sound good.

Posted Sun 07 Sep 14 @ 12:29 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
version 8 now offers ...
startupspeed
brakespeed
actions that can be assigned to a knob or even to buttons with specific % values.

Posted Sun 07 Sep 14 @ 8:24 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)