Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: A smart idea

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

This idea will most likely get bad criticism from old school DJs... BUT I think this is a good idea for mixing on the go.

Comments for each song,

What I mean by this is that you place something like a hot cue (but it isn't a hot cue) and when you hover over it it displays a comment, for instance, "16 bar intro" just makes it so there is less studying necessary before you actually start the mix itself, and programming is easier.

Posted Sun 08 Jan 12 @ 5:26 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Set a cue point, move your mouse over that cue point on the waveform, rightclick and choose Rename :)
You have up to 99 cues to assign, so you shouldnt have a problem having multiple points in a song.

Posted Mon 09 Jan 12 @ 8:43 am
KiyosiPRO InfinityMember since 2009
i completely agree with you!!

i set my cue names to "2 beat" or "4 beat" to tell me how long the loop should be.
sometimes, i name it "mix in slowly" or other stuff.

but, i always have to wait until i can see the upcoming Cue before i know what it's gonna be!

sometimes you can drag your mouse over it, but there's a long delay and it doesn't always work.

it would be nice if you could set Cue points to be LOOPS so they auto-engage at a pre-defined bar length.

Posted Tue 10 Jan 12 @ 8:14 pm
you can do that with dj cels old plugin "cues event" , Although it probably won't be supported in vdj8 as it was originally created for vdj2. you also need to activate the effect before it will work, and it is a pain to set it up. but it will do what you want.

Posted Tue 10 Jan 12 @ 8:31 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)