Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Emergency load and play.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

greghigPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I ran into a situation the other day. I got into a car wreck on the way to my gig at the club. I called the manager and told him i was not going to be on time to start. I had to tell him over the phone how to load vdj, load the history I did the night before and start the program and hit autoplay. Real pain in the you know what. It got me thinking. You know when you click on a .doc file it automatically opens up word and loads it? How about making vdj do the same. I could make a playlist called "emergency" and save it. then link it on the desktop. That way all the manager would have to do (in an emergency situation) is click on the icon. It would open up vdj, load the emergency list into the playlist, move the AB mixer to channel 1 (I use videos) and automatically start playing and turn on automix. One step, Simple. This feature would really put my mind at rest.

Posted Tue 14 Jun 11 @ 11:29 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Virtualdj could be used to open and load a certain song and play automatically, but not a playlist. So a workaround would have been to use a recorded mix (file) and add this line to your xml skin file.

<init action="deck 1 load 'c:\music\..\..\mixes\mymix.mp3' & play"/>

This will force this song to load and play right after you launch vdj. You could create several skins with different songs (mixes) and each time you wish one of them, you could use the Profile Switcher plugin to choose.

I miss the load_playlist "path of playlist" action, which i would love to be added in future updates.

Posted Wed 15 Jun 11 @ 9:11 am
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I have three workaround solutions you can use,

1. Make a playlist by dragging selections into AutoMix playlist window and saving it with the venue name.
A. Find the list you just saved in the folders window on the left under playlist, click on it, then all will automatically populate your Automix and browser windows.
B. Press "Ctrl + Spacebar" and play will start automatically, you have options in AutoMix to tailor the Mix...

2. Create a Virtual folder with a good selection of songs for that venue, click on the folder, click on the browser, press "Ctrl + A", then "Ctrl + Spacebar" Ur done..

3. Go into documents folder find VirtualDJ folder, open it, find and open the "Tracklisting" folder,
A. Find some recent dates that you played in that venue and pick the best one..
B. Click on "View" in the window menu bar and choose "Explorer Bar", then choose "Folders" the folder tree will appear for VirtualDJ on the left.
C. Highlight the tracklisting date you want to use, right click on it and drag it to the "Playlist" folder, on the left panel, then choose copy.
D. Go back into VDJ and find the new saved playlist in your "Playlist" folder window to the left of your browser, rename it to the venue name.
E. Use like in 1, A, B.....above...

Good Luck,

Joey....

Posted Wed 15 Jun 11 @ 11:18 am
More importantly, it's good to see you're okay after your car accident. :)

Posted Thu 16 Jun 11 @ 10:11 am
Im good. just a small bruse on my knees. Anyway, all of the suggestions are good but still to complicated for my managers. these guys are not technical by any means, Oh, they can cook up a mean meal, but were talking about managers. People who wear watches with dials because digital watches confuse them. :). I need it like a "one click" process. Even better, I could even put the playlist file in the "startup" group so all they would have to do it turn on the computer and type the password. Virtual DJ would take it from there. Developers, is this possible? I would think all you have to do would associate virtual dj to the playlist file. But, what do I Know?

greg

Posted Tue 28 Jun 11 @ 11:40 pm
Oh, just discovered the automix is not saving. I like "fade remove intro/outro", defaults back to "fade smart" when virtual dj reloads.

Posted Tue 28 Jun 11 @ 11:45 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)