Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Sampler and VST! Community Read and Back this IDEA!!! - Page: 3

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJBKZLE userMember since 2012
Hell yes! Do this & you'll have given me (and countless others too) the motivation to pay for the Pro Version instead of using my friends laptop with VDJ Pro on it :) It'll probably cut down the number of unlicensed users too that are using VDJ 7 Pro they torrented from somewhere.. out of ALL the major DJ programs out there, why is it that VDJ is the ONLY working program you can D/L from any torrent site out there? Because you can buy TRAKTOR full-strength for $89AUD!!!! There's no motivation for anybody to crack their software & post it, unlike with VDJ where someone proably was pissed they had to spend $299 on VDJ Pro, so they cracked the software as a big F!@# You Atomix..

just my 2c worth

Anyways, VDJ as VST is probably the best idea i've heard about for VDJ ever :) And seeing as I spend way more time in ABleton than I do on VDJ, this is the only way I can see myself using VDJ more when I'm not using my controller..

Posted Tue 08 Jan 13 @ 4:16 am
So if you can only afford a Hyundai you just steal a Ferrari instead ........

I'm sorry, I don't agree with your analogy. Illegal use of software is wrong full stop, irrespective of the sell price.

Keith

Posted Tue 08 Jan 13 @ 4:48 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I still can't see the software being made into a VST for use in another host. To be honest with the kind of stuff that is being implemented into future versions of Virtual DJ I can't even see a real reason to want to.

As for piracy, well you can download Traktor from a simple google search if you want, it's not something that is unique to Virtual DJ. Simply look at the amount of time, money and complexity put in by companies like Adobe and Microsoft to fight piracy. Pricing is irrelevant - Traktor only recently dropped their pants on pricing (full strength is $99 and NI don't even have it in stock lol) and pirated copies still exist. Their upgrade policy is different too - updates are often chargeable. In contrast a one off $299 is a minor business expense to a working DJ - I wonder what they will charge if they ever do add video support...

Posted Tue 08 Jan 13 @ 12:26 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)