Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Do Not Play Lists

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I would love to see a feature where I can add a do-not-play list for a gig. This would prevent me from inadvertently playing a song that a client specifically requested not to play. Here are some specific implementation details

* Change the icon next to the song to be a red X or something similarly noticeable.

* Allow the song to be loaded to a player only after an explicit reminder that this selection is on the DNP list has popped up.

* It would be nice but not necessary to pop up the DNP warning if a similar title appears to one on the DNP list. For instance, if I put "Livin' On a Prayer" on the playlist and I also had entries for "Livin on a Prayer", "Living on a Prayer" or "livin' on a prayer" I would only have to put one on the playlist.

* Allow any playlist or folder to be considered a DNP list.

Posted Sun 28 Nov 10 @ 9:32 am
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I've also made simlilar request in the past to Exclude Genre types from the browser search which would give you that capability you are looking for, just flag the files in the genre field and add to list to exclude, then you can click a check mark to include again, it could be 100 or 1000 files as long as the Genre field matches (Rock;80's;DNP just add the DNP to the end.

Link to the discussion http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/124787/Wishes_and_new_features/Exclude__Genre_Types__Option_In_The_Search_View.html

Posted Sun 28 Nov 10 @ 11:02 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
This sounds like a good request. But lets try work with the tools we already have.

Try this.
Lets say you want some genres as DONTPLAY songs...ok?

Create a Filter Folder chosing the genres you wish as DONTPLAY...example...
Filter Name DONTPLAY
FIlter ..genre="latin" or genre="Rnb"
This Filter Folder will contain all the songs that are latin or RNB.

Click on that Filter Folder, select all songs (Ctrl+A), rightclick, File Infos.
Set the Field1 or filed2 (spare browser fileds) as 1.
Aplly to ALL.

Now create another Filter Folder
Name CANPLAY
Filter field1=""

This will contain ALL the files that are NOT included in The DONTPLAY folder.

So each time you try to search, click this CANPLAY folder and will return as results only the songs you can play. Actually the DONTS will also appear but on the bottom, seperated with a line.

I hope this will help you temporary.

Posted Sun 28 Nov 10 @ 11:23 am
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
+1 here, I like that idea. It may not have to be a different icon, it could just show red like it already played. But a big red X would be a good visual too. The pop up box may be a little much as I would never drag a red (already played) song into my deck, unless the paying client ok'd it.

Now the similar song title search for the DNP, I agree with also as I have asked for something similar as well. I have some songs that are just audio and thier duplicates in video. It would help to know if I played at least 1 version of the song. It is not a far off addition to the OP.

Of course, we as DJs need to take some responsibility but, if not too intrusive, this could be a good saftey to leave a good impression.

Posted Sun 28 Nov 10 @ 7:07 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)