Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: [NEW] VirtualDJ 7.0 - Page: 8

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Change your skin ... The decks like everything else is all based on which skin you are using ...

Posted Tue 12 Oct 10 @ 11:08 pm
Looks great, I installed 7 on my main laptop a Dell D830 with an external drive, the CPU meter pegged and stayed that way for about 4 hours with nothing playing, all actions were sluggish. Songs loaded very slowly, opening config was very slow. Just installed on my main desktop at home very low CPU, ver 6 on my laptop usually ran 2-3 green bars on the CPU gauge. Any ideas why this might be happening?

Posted Tue 12 Oct 10 @ 11:08 pm
cstoll wrote :
Change your skin ... The decks like everything else is all based on which skin you are using ...

thank you.

Posted Tue 12 Oct 10 @ 11:09 pm
OMG, this is awesome!

Posted Tue 12 Oct 10 @ 11:11 pm
J-SnipPRO InfinityMember since 2006
MusicByMike: try not running the skin maximized and see if the cpu usage is better.

When I maximized one of the skins in my 1440x900 monitor the usage peaked but when not maximized it was just fine.

Posted Tue 12 Oct 10 @ 11:40 pm
I see that the tagging functions now allow you to create tags within VDJ and transfer them to the real ID3 tags of the file and vice versa. I was playing around with the "Apply All" function which I understood to mean it will work for batches of files like a regular ID3 tag editor such as Tag and Rename. For example, if you are in the File Info screen and working with 10 files and you want all of the Genres to say "House", you enter that into the Genre of the first file, and when you "Apply All", it should insert "House" into the Genres of the other 9 files. But it did not work. So I am not sure how the "Apply All" is supposed to work, unless it means you can use this to save all your changes you make to each individual file, instead of pressing "Apply" each time.

Posted Wed 13 Oct 10 @ 12:00 am
DJRoadPRO InfinityMember since 2009
good job VDJ.

Posted Wed 13 Oct 10 @ 12:38 am
legaldeejay wrote :
... and when you "Apply All", it should insert "House" into the Genres of the other 9 files. But it did not work. So I am not sure how the "Apply All" is supposed to work, unless it means you can use this to save all your changes you make to each individual file, instead of pressing "Apply" each time.

The Multiple changing of ID3 Tags is not supported. You can change the Tags for single files and write them back. Multiple tagging is only for the internal database. So if you import your already tagged files and want to mak some comments in the database you can multiple select them and wite your entry.

Greets, Heiko

Posted Wed 13 Oct 10 @ 2:16 am
All working fantastic for me. Thanks Atomix you now have the best software in the industry. I can't believe all the enhancements.

Finding the re-indexing of virtual folders and filters by drag and drop gave me a brain chill. Ohhhhhh.... what a great improvement !!!!

I'll use 4 decks for now. 99 decks ... hmmmmmm How about presidential speeches from the last 30 years all playing at the same time. Wow ! heheheheheheheheh

Atomix you got my vote ! Congratulations on a truly first class... state of the art... DJ/VJ tool of the future.

Jim Lawrence

Posted Wed 13 Oct 10 @ 2:33 am
Great software just got even better, thanks

Can someone please explain to me what nesting virtual folders means?

Also would like to assign a keybord key so that I can flick between main skin and full browser mode, would this be in the mapper tab section?

Posted Wed 13 Oct 10 @ 2:44 am
For the browser - just map a key with the action browser_zoom.

Nesting folder means - create a virtual folder (red one) and name it 'Filter by Genre'.
Then create some normal Filter Folders (blue icons). Now drag them with your mouse and drop them into the red 'Filter by Genre' folder.

That means nesting. I have many filter folders and sort them into folders.

Greets, Heiko

Posted Wed 13 Oct 10 @ 2:59 am
Despite being exhausted after work yesterday, I just coudn't resist installing VDJ7 and testing the new multi-deck feature. I had a blast playing techno with four decks and it worked like a charm.

The new advanced audio config is implement just like it should be, good work guys! The second I saw it the mad scientest in me started to wonder "Hmm...if I would hook both DN-X1600 and DJM-5000 to my MacBook Pro at the same time, I could play with six decks and use the 7th channel for sampler. Why, you ask? BECAUSE I CAN!!!" :D

My only critique is that the (default) skin(s) still look a bit unpolished and the whole bitmap-based/fixed-pixel-size skin engine is a bit old fashioned. Hoping to see scalable vector-based skins on VDJ8 :)

Posted Wed 13 Oct 10 @ 3:17 am
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Good work Atomix, spent far too many hours fiddling with v7 in the wee small hours last night!

I see even Gizmo over at Skratchworx is impressed - that takes some doing!

Posted Wed 13 Oct 10 @ 4:53 am
Thanks Heiko,

So when you've set them up do they add a house music mp3 to the house music folder, I suppose you have to have the genre entered within the mp3 property's.

Posted Wed 13 Oct 10 @ 6:12 am
I can't thank you enough. This software is awesome and makes djing that much more enjoyable!

Posted Wed 13 Oct 10 @ 8:08 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Charlie -- The nesting folders feature is just a way people can better organize their favorites, virtual, and filter folders. We have a lot of users that use these features very extensively and had very long lists in their folder browser. So, nothing has changed with how to use the features independently. We just made it possible for people to add any of the three folder types to a Virtual folder so they could better organize their browser area.

Also - a tip for those using this new feature - if you right click on virtual folder with nested entries, you can 'recurse' the full contents of all the contained entries. So if you are mixing favorites, filter, and virtual folders in one top folder - you can get the full results of each nested entry by just recursing the top folder.

Posted Wed 13 Oct 10 @ 8:40 am
yk23PRO InfinityMember since 2006
For the 30 minutes I used it last night, it just worked. Loved the very minimal sound card config. It does sound better, but I notice a little distrotion. I think its the quality of my sound card. Anyways, sure looks great. With 4 songs at once always stayed less than 40% CPU.
Oh, still have the mpg files that don't load- see Mickey Avalon.

Thanks!!
David (DJ Kavika)

Posted Wed 13 Oct 10 @ 8:45 am
FLeX69PRO InfinityMember since 2006
What can I say...Except...WoW !!! WoW !!! & Wow !!!... Did I say Wow !!!???

Thank you VDJ Team for adding the batch feature to edit/update multiple files. This was a feature I definitely was waiting for...

No glitches on the MKII so far with the deck selection of the 6 decks going through my Gkeys for now.

Christmas definitely came early.

Domo Arigato.

Posted Wed 13 Oct 10 @ 9:42 am
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
yk23 wrote :

Oh, still have the mpg files that don't load- see Mickey Avalon.

Tried installing the K-Lite codec pack on your machine?

Posted Wed 13 Oct 10 @ 10:05 am
SBDJ wrote :
jimspinnin wrote :
Hope they make something for Android market. I hate the iphone and At&t, android is the largest growing cell phone os out there, I would love to be able to use my incedible to do that.

I've actually got a working Android remote here that I'm probably going to be releasing in the not too distant future :)

Let me know, I will give that a try and test run in a min....

Posted Wed 13 Oct 10 @ 10:58 am
48%