Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Draging songs from decks back into the playlist - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Out of everything in this thread what Joey has came up sounds the best. Where you lose me at is when you say "you change your mind about the song". If you don't have the "clear when played" option checked I don't see what's the point in what your asking for........if you change your mind about the song just eject it and its still there in the playlist where you want it to be. Dude in my opinion what your asking for is a waste of time and your just refusing to use (what you call work arounds, which all do what you want in some way).

Huey

Posted Wed 21 Jul 10 @ 10:14 pm
beatbreaker1 wrote :
Out of everything in this thread what Joey has came up sounds the best. Where you lose me at is when you say "you change your mind about the song". If you don't have the "clear when played" option checked I don't see what's the point in what your asking for........if you change your mind about the song just eject it and its still there in the playlist where you want it to be. Dude in my opinion what your asking for is a waste of time and your just refusing to use (what you call work arounds, which all do what you want in some way).

Huey

Ummmm no, it doesn't appear back in the playlist. As soon as you drag a song from the playlist it disappears temporarily and to see it again you have to scroll back to the playlist folder and click on it again to restore it... OR YOU COULD HAVE THE ABILITY TO DRAG IT FROM THE DECK BACK TO THE PLAYLIST! Here's another example, I load a track to a deck and then start a new search, then I decide that I want to add the track currently on the deck to a virtual folder... I have to 1) click on the search window, 2) retype the track title to find it again and 3) drag it from the browser window to the virtual folder. If VDJ had the feature I'm proposing then you would just 1) drag the track from the deck to the virtual folder, DONE, ONE STEP! Or perhaps you would like to suggest another workaround that involves several steps to accomplish something very simple? Forget this thread, it's full of workaround mongers. F**k it, I've pretty much made the switch to ITCH anyways. Besides, Atomix can't even be bothered to implement something as simple as a mono output switch so why do I even bother wasting my breath on this feature?

Posted Wed 21 Jul 10 @ 10:40 pm
Just wanted to point out that you could also just look in the "History" folder, Lmfao!!!

Peace Homie
Huey

Posted Wed 21 Jul 10 @ 11:10 pm
There are works arounds as been discusssed but there is a flow to DJing and this often means that work arounds are feel comfatable.

Even before reading this post I had thought about this everytime I had played something and then decided to play it late,r you then immediatly have to do a search and find it in order to put it back into waitlist before you forget what iit was.

Posted Fri 30 Jul 10 @ 2:34 am
last dance I enable the autosave unplayed to sidelist..

actually it worked not bad.. (but still takes multiple moves to accomplish it)
I also mapped two keys..
"S" = sidelist_clear and "D"="Sidelist_load_and_remove"

the only thing that seems to be missing is the ability to move a single song from the sidelist to the automix list.. you can swap the entire lists, but for the purposes of what we are discussing that doesnt help any..

sooo.. it kinda works, but as its been mentioned.. a single keypress (or mapping verb) that would pull the song off the deck and put it back into the automix list would be faster and simpler..

This was a feature that was uncluded in the old PCDJ red from like 8 years ago?? so I guess thats why I consider a "natural" feature for most DJ software..

Posted Sat 31 Jul 10 @ 1:15 pm
I would like to be able to drag a song from a deck to a playlist or virtual folder aswell :-)

Posted Sun 01 Aug 10 @ 11:32 am
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
hippydog wrote :
last dance I enable the autosave unplayed to sidelist..

actually it worked not bad.. (but still takes multiple moves to accomplish it)
I also mapped two keys..
"S" = sidelist_clear and "D"="Sidelist_load_and_remove"

What does this do "Sidelist_load_and_remove"?

hippydog wrote :
the only thing that seems to be missing is the ability to move a single song from the sidelist to the automix list.. you can swap the entire lists, but for the purposes of what we are discussing that doesnt help any..

Hey hippydog,

1. What is the shortcut for swapping the sidelist with the AutoMix list and can they be swapped again if need be?
2. It only takes one step to recover a song you bumped from a Deck, the issue is you don't have to Re-Search for the bumped song..!!!!
3. You Clearly have choices it's just a matter of applying them.

hippydog wrote :
sooo.. it kinda works, but as its been mentioned.. a single keypress (or mapping verb) that would pull the song off the deck and put it back into the automix list would be faster and simpler..

This was a feature that was uncluded in the old PCDJ red from like 8 years ago?? so I guess thats why I consider a "natural" feature for most DJ software..

If it sends it back to the place it originated from whether from a PlayList or a Virtual folder then that would be an improvement

Joey...

Posted Tue 03 Aug 10 @ 8:24 am
dizzyrocks2001,

If you make a "Virtual Folder" and name it for example "Rockabilly Playlist", any tracks/files you add to that playlist won't go away when you load them to a deck. This is what most us think of when you say "Playlist".

Look at the pic below to better see what I'm talking about. Hope this helps.

DJ CHRIS

Posted Wed 25 Aug 10 @ 5:42 am
famiganPRO InfinityMember since 2009
+1

Posted Tue 31 Aug 10 @ 12:30 am
Once AGAIN this post is about the ability to DRAG A SONG FROM A DECK BACK TO THE PLAYLIST!!!!!!! Dont care about workarounds. Just want to DRAG A SONG FROM A DECK TO THE PLAYLIST.

Posted Tue 31 Aug 10 @ 6:24 am
every time i reload a playlist from songs taken off the online system they show up as numbers instead of song titles. any idea how i can fix that? it's really annoying!!!

Posted Mon 13 Dec 10 @ 7:38 am
Make sure that you cache them to your hard disk first (Right-click on the song in the search results and choose this option.)

Then add the cached song from the NetSearch folder to the playlist.

Posted Mon 13 Dec 10 @ 12:02 pm
DJ Ech0PRO InfinityMember since 2007
Why did they change the way it was on vers.3? Every track you played stayed in the playlist section. You didn't need to drag and drop, load or unload, search for missing tracks etc. Creating "Playlists" was simple, you could keep track of everything you played and in what order you played it and you ended up with a more comprehensive History which initself saved having to use a keyboard a lot when playing live by having to type in the name of a track.

My wish: bring back this method (or at least give us the option to config it) This would solve everybody's problems imo.

Posted Wed 29 Dec 10 @ 11:22 am
You posted this 6 years ago and still no action! I guess I should lose hope of this happening. That's about the only thing I miss about Serato, the ability to drag tracks off the deck and place wherever you want.

Posted Tue 13 Dec 16 @ 3:56 pm
You can simply unload a deck and with the correct setting the unplayed track will go to the sidelist.

Posted Tue 13 Dec 16 @ 4:09 pm
I also would love to be able to drag a track from a deck back to a playlist/automix...

Posted Fri 16 Dec 16 @ 6:50 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
entirely possible [even with the wrong settings] get title remix, search title remix, send file to side list, unload file. clear search
when you see what accord or automix live or rate & colour padpages can do doesn't the penny drop?

Posted Fri 16 Dec 16 @ 7:23 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)