Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Draging songs from decks back into the playlist - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

It would be great if you could drag songs from either player A or B back into your play list if you change your mind about playing that certain song.

Currently you take ya song from ya play list, pop it into player A or B, it then disapears from your playlist.... if you change your mind and want to play something else you then have to search for that song and re-add to play list.

Could this be something that can be implemented?

Fatboy

Posted Sat 03 Jul 10 @ 6:36 pm
+1

Posted Sat 03 Jul 10 @ 7:33 pm
Why not just turn off "Clear When Played" (or whatever its called). Come on fellas really..........

Posted Sat 03 Jul 10 @ 9:23 pm
Yes, turning off the clear playlist is one option - but this only works if you are using automix.

If you dont use automix, like myself when gigging, draging and droping the song from your playlist to a deck removes the song from your playlist even if "Clear When Played" is not ticked.

Posted Sun 04 Jul 10 @ 2:22 am
The feature would also come in handy if for example you loaded a song onto a deck that isn't in your playlist, did a search for another track (thus clearing your previous search) and then decided you wanted to add the song on the deck to a virtual folder. You could then drag the song directly from the deck to the virtual folder without having to re-type the song name in the search window (come on beatbreaker1 really...)

Posted Sun 04 Jul 10 @ 9:29 am
fatboyfoster wrote :
Yes, turning off the clear playlist is one option - but this only works if you are using automix.

If you dont use automix, like myself when gigging, draging and droping the song from your playlist to a deck removes the song from your playlist even if "Clear When Played" is not ticked.

I see.

Huey

Posted Sun 04 Jul 10 @ 10:06 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
The feature already exists and it is called Auto Save Unplayed - check your settings on the Options tab (bottom right) ...

The un-played track goes to the SideList when the feature is Enabled.

If you need to add it back to your playlist, you can just drag-n-drop from the SideList back to the play list spot you want.

If you want to change the timeframe before VirtualDJ marks it as played - then download the registry tool and change the History Timer value (it is based on seconds).

Posted Sun 04 Jul 10 @ 11:56 am
I know there's a work-around but all we're asking is the ability to drag a song off a deck and put it where we want.

Posted Sun 04 Jul 10 @ 12:43 pm
Hi Cstoll,

AutoSave Unplayed is enabled, however this is not really what I was after, what often happens when giging is that I will take a song out of playlist, pop it in to a player, have a quick listen then I may decide that I dont want to play that one next. As the song has been played AutoSave Unplayed dont work........just need a way to drag and drop the song which is in the player and place it back into playlist.

I understand you can use the reg tool to change the time lengh settings, but if you do this you could end up with loads of cr4p in your playlist you dont really want.

Or what maybe easyer to achive - a button on each deck, which when clicked, populates the playlist with that song in that deck.

Posted Sun 04 Jul 10 @ 4:07 pm
im pretty sure you can make a button on the skin to unload a track and it goes to playllist or to side list, regardless of the setting for Auto Save Unplayed..

Posted Mon 05 Jul 10 @ 10:58 am
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
You can also "Preview" a track in the playlist before you Drag it to the Deck, or Drag some songs to your "SideList" to store in the meantime call it my "Maybe List" this also works well for me if i'm not totally sure I'm playing that track, but if loaded just replace it with one you will play and it will go automatically back to your "Maybe List" aka "SideList", so you have in effect two playlist, but you also have your Automix playlist you can store an additional list or autoplay to one Deck if you like, I also make a Virtual Folder and name it "Temp list" I keep at the bottom of my folder window, so you have several options you can use.

Good Luck

Joey...

Posted Mon 05 Jul 10 @ 11:22 am
... ok, I appreciate the tips on various 'work-arounds' but look but we're asking for is simple... the ability to drag a song from the deck to anywhere we want. No filter folders, no auto-saved defaults, no playlist configs... just the ability to drag and drop. Not asking for a lot here guys, come on.

Posted Mon 05 Jul 10 @ 4:39 pm
+1 for DizzyRocks suggestion as originally stated.

I have run into this issue many times myself. Even the "work around" of dragging the song from the Side List back to your Playlist can be a pain if you have a lot of songs in your Side List already. A simple option "to remove", or "not to remove", songs from the Playlist that were loaded to decks manually would be perfect.

Posted Mon 12 Jul 10 @ 9:01 pm
Thanks for the +1 CTMobile. Finally someone who gets what I'm saying. Look at it this way, if I came on this forum and said I want to be able to unlock the trunk of my car with my car key someone on the forum would say "you can already do this, walk to the front of the car, unlock the driver side door and hit the power lock button. Ummm no, I want to be able to unlock the trunk directly with the key. Can you see what I'm getting at?

Posted Tue 13 Jul 10 @ 5:01 am
Yer I here what you are saying Dizzy!

What gets me is that surely this is quite a simple thing to addin, so why do people look for work arounds? would be great to here back from any of the VDJ guys to see if this feature would be possible.

Posted Tue 13 Jul 10 @ 8:42 am
cstoll wrote :
The feature already exists and it is called Auto Save Unplayed - The un-played track goes to the SideList when the feature is Enabled.

the problem with that option is its kinda overkill..
I sometimes will throw 2 to 3 songs into the second deck in quick succession (testing out various song to see how well they match with the currently playing song..)
If i turned on that feature to catch that one "oops" it would quickly over run the sidelist (or I would constantly have to go in and delete the songs from the sidelist)

Note to self: Kinda a valid workaround
sidelist_clear : clear the sidelist.

With "auto save unplayed" feature turned on, a person can just map a key to keep the sidelist clear..

I store all of my guests requests in the Playlist.. I like the fact that it automatically removes the song from the list as I load them into the deck.. (in 98% of the night thats how It works best)..

The problem for me is that rare "oops".. I load a song from the playlist into the deck.. and then sometimes I need to quickly load in another song (different request comes in, Floor empties on me, floor fills up on me (LOL), I think of a better song to play last second, etc etc)
I then (usually) remember to go back into the browser. search for that lost request, and re-add it to the playlist..
not 'that' big of a deal I realize.. but sometimes I get destracted or (because I'm old and stupid) actually FORGET WHAT SONG I LOST!

[[edited because I found the clear sidelist verb]]

Posted Tue 13 Jul 10 @ 11:14 am
marksmolinski wrote :
im pretty sure you can make a button on the skin to unload a track and it goes to playllist or to side list, regardless of the setting for Auto Save Unplayed..

looking at the list of verbs
http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VDJscript_verbs.html

I DID find a verb that clears the side list !
sidelist_clear : clear the sidelist.

no mapping available for "Auto Save Unplayed"? so no easy way to turn it on and off..

There is a "switch_sidelist_playlist" but I dont think that would work very well as we are only talking about one song. its too bad it didnt work just one way (IE: copy or move the sidelist into the playlist)

the "unload : unload the song from the deck." verb deletes the song from deck.

Posted Tue 13 Jul 10 @ 11:42 am
draging songs from decks back into the playlist: +1

Posted Tue 20 Jul 10 @ 9:55 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Why would you drag it to the Deck to begin with if you're not Sure of the song?

That's what the "Preview" option is there for, To Make sure it will play in the moment.

But if you make a mistake and its not the right track Simply replace it with one that will play, You won't lose that track it will Go Automatically to the "SideList" saving you the "Drag" out of the Deck Procedure.

It seems to me to be a savings in effort...

Joey....

Posted Wed 21 Jul 10 @ 7:09 pm
JoeyKJ wrote :
Why would you drag it to the Deck to begin with if you're not Sure of the song?

That's what the "Preview" option is there for, To Make sure it will play in the moment.

But if you make a mistake and its not the right track Simply replace it with one that will play, You won't lose that track it will Go Automatically to the "SideList" saving you the "Drag" out of the Deck Procedure.

It seems to me to be a savings in effort...

Joey....

Yet another "workaround" for a very simple feature request. I load tracks on a deck all the time and then change my mind so the preview never even enters the equation. Besides, why would I want to preview the track if I already know it? And maybe I want to put the track back into the playlist and not have my sidelist populated with a bunch of extra tracks. Come on!!!!

Posted Wed 21 Jul 10 @ 9:42 pm
54%