Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Got stabbed in the back!!!!! - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Pretty touchy situation....check this out:I started djiing in this club on Saturdays with vdj!
This club was using cds when i got there...i started approx 3 months ago and got a lot of curious people involved with vdj,asking questions,asking for help to install vdj in the club.Of course i did supply the info needed and was giving tips on the software.They deceided that vdj was sufficient enough and now they wanted to save money so they hired a cheaper dj????
Lesson to be learned, hehe... careful how much info you give out when you work in a Club.
It really isnt a big deal to work elsewhere but i will not start installing vdj in every club i work..
Regards
Andre

Posted Mon 30 May 05 @ 7:38 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
now you know why the vdj logo on the video output was such a big deal. Most of my friends are djs so they all know but the foe's well they can find vdj for themselfs.

Posted Mon 30 May 05 @ 7:45 pm
hmmm...

well.. even though VDJ is a great tool, go hiring a bad dj , even one that doesn't know how to use VDJ fully... seems silly :)

Posted Mon 30 May 05 @ 8:00 pm
Sounds like You got a raw deal.

Posted Mon 30 May 05 @ 8:39 pm
don't worry they will hire someone even cheaper that the dildo currently in.
And after they will notice that it is not all about money ...
As my friends qualiffied me when I started about year and half a go to make parties and joined our wedding/dj/party... group. After a 2 months i got a compliment and I have been promoted from the "the one that plays the songs" to "the DJ" and not because of great mixing skills but of abylity to make the dancefloor burn. Guy before me get about 1/2 of the price we asked but owner noticed the people started to visit the club again so he was happy with it.

And we made manmy actions even with the hegher price than others because people know what is good. When you will say okay i will play for less, you will be reclassified as $100 dj :-) and never get more :-)

======================

Don't worry, just one thing get paid for everything ;-)

if you are not the club owner, don't work for the club for no money, you can get fired once :-)

Posted Mon 30 May 05 @ 8:40 pm
Lol It seemed strange that the people were so curious about the program.The manager was quite friendly..hehe
I dont mind...but helping others does not always bring good Karma.
He even bought a dj Console and asked me how to scratch with it.
Funny world we live in.Ive helped so many people in the biz and it does'nt always proove to be the right thing to do.
Doggs
Andre

Posted Mon 30 May 05 @ 9:24 pm
Something along those lines happened to me a few months ago with a friend. I showed him VDJ and he started to like it. He was too cheap to buy it so he got the cracked version instead (2.00). Sure he had all the effects, some skins along with the download and got a few nights work with it for much cheaper then I was charging.

I got revenge eventually, He was trying to make a rented CD-Player work for one of his nights and asked me to help him setup....Yeah I didn't mind making an ass out of him so I helped him out.

I brought my PC with VDJ 2.06 installed got the decks to work on my system but not on his. He asks me why his setup will not work and I just answered to him that he needs to buy the full version in order to get support. I mixed the night and got paid since he couldn't get his setup working. :D

Sometimes revenge is so sweet. But there is just so much jelousy in this world of great music. Why can't we all just get along?

Regards

DJ White Devil

Posted Mon 30 May 05 @ 9:37 pm
playing sothing out of toppic in the middle of gig when using crack
could be nice. OR simply mute the output :-)

I had pain when someone changed an amplifier without letting me know.

It was not so powerfull and channels were dependent, so in case of overheat, the sound just stops in both channels.I was tinkering with all cables because vdj shows it is playing ...
Then after a 30 seconds I noticed a little red led on the amplifier I've seen for the first time.
Entitled "TEMP" ;-) people were on the dancefloor thinking I wanted it that way. They screamed

"pump it up U got to pump it up" hmmm I was flowing cool air with my mounth to get it colder I looked veri comic, but I was pissed off....

so making cracked vdj nasty things after the while is funny for all those 1/2 price crack dj's, just to make it look like the speakers blown out or maybe add 50HZ hum in the background.

I think could be funny to let someone search for the ground loop when there is no such one. hehe

Posted Mon 30 May 05 @ 9:56 pm
Like I said before I dont give out information for free and I dont give away music. They have to find out for themselves. That should be every Dj's policy so the logo had to go.

Posted Tue 31 May 05 @ 12:03 am
JeremKPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2004
I'm sorry for you Andre Landy!

Hope your second club won't do the same

Jérémie

Posted Tue 31 May 05 @ 12:10 am
Its like shooting yourself in the foot.....lol...thanks to all for the support!
Just be careful who you share your experience with
Andre

Posted Tue 31 May 05 @ 12:41 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I'm so sorry too. I have just seen that otherwise i would have told it to you tonight.

Posted Tue 31 May 05 @ 1:43 am
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Its called protecting your investment. I've had similar experience and it happened to me using another software. I've taken the stickers off my xp10's for the simple fact that people get overly too curious sometimes. I must admit I am disappointed that the new version of vdj sticks the rule that you must have the vdj logo.

I think its great that vdj is getting more popular... but why should I do free advertising for vdj at my expense? hmmm...

Posted Tue 31 May 05 @ 4:18 am
I don't think the software is relevant to this situation, I've been deejaying since the days when we used wax cylinders for the music and rolled up newspapers for microphones and "back stabbing " happened back then, It's just the unfortunate push and pull of business. Everybody that has a gig took it off somebody and it never feels nice when you're on the losing end of the situation.

For what it's worth-I've lost a couple of gigs in my three hundred year career, I always felt bad about losing them in the immediate aftermath but within a few weeks one finds that life didn't rotate around these venues and your bruised ego heals.

Just put it behind you and move on-I'm sure you'll pick up more work and put this setback behind you.

Good luck and keep us posted.

John :-)

Posted Tue 31 May 05 @ 5:10 am
cyberiaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Excellent points, John. Andre, they were going to stab you regadless of whether you used VDJ, vinyl, or trumpeted all the tunes in the mic yourself. They knew from the very beginning they wanted something cheaper. Tis the name of the game--"business." You're probably better off not working for them anyway.

Job security by concealing the source of the software or controllers will never work. Job security by improving your skills, dedication, and ADDING VALUE to the venue will work. But, hey, I am still learning ;).

Posted Tue 31 May 05 @ 8:59 am
these worlf is full of arsholes and this was only one of them:-)

Posted Tue 31 May 05 @ 1:11 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
It's a dog eat dog world!, and knowledge is power!.

Really, you have to be careful who you teach, it is classic human nature to turn your back on someone once you've sucked everything you need out of a person..., including knowledge, money, help etc etc etc...

I've had simular experiences but not in the DJ industry, i've got that great pleasure to come!, but the secret is to be secretive at times.., not always good to take all as friends these days.., be sure that if you teach you keep some things to yourself...

Bagpuss ;).

Posted Tue 31 May 05 @ 4:28 pm
True Bagpuss. Take it as a blessing Dre. At times it pays to be a little selfish. There are parasites out there that are ready to suck you dry. But knowing you Dre, you were over it before they even thought of stabbing you. Just look towards the future and let the past be a guidance. I've had a lot of people ask me "how do you do it", I just tell them about the software (free promo for VDJ) and that's it. The rest is up to you and your brains. Your case might be different tho, If you ahd kept it all to yourself, the probably would have stabbed you quicker. This a classic example of how they play the game. Unless the owner is your immediate relative, nothing is sure.

Posted Tue 31 May 05 @ 6:30 pm
Nope nothing is sure even with all the experience i have. Djiing is a cut throat bizness!!
"Careful who you teach"very wise words
Im still doing 3 nights in another bar but this place was close to home and it was real busy now that summer is here Arrrrrgh........ but i heard also there are having problems with crashing....hehe.Wrong drivers for console maybe? I have not seen them on the forums but if they post for some help........welllllll.........i will let someone else do it.lol
Anyways they have no clue how to use it,it will take time and the club will end up losing $$$$

I just cant imagine this person calling me on a Monday morning and asking me to go to the bar to help him install vdj.....he did 2 weeks ago."Ripley's beleive it or not"UNREAL even woke me up...............lol
Doggs
Andre

btw:You guys wanna hear so cool rnb im on the radio today at 5pm...-5gmt check it out!{:^)

Posted Tue 31 May 05 @ 7:44 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2004
@l_rids

There is a nologo patch for VDJ so you don't need the logo in video mode!

Posted Tue 31 May 05 @ 8:16 pm
50%