Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Battery Level [PLUGIN AVAILABLE] - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
kory, check your pm's please... cheers

Posted Tue 24 Nov 09 @ 3:57 am
Just shows that it a tool that people are interested in

Posted Thu 26 Nov 09 @ 3:14 am
@ Gadget Man

Even a friendly pop-up when you started VDJ would be nice that said "Warning: Running from laptop battery". And the same if the power got removed during a session. Optional, of course, from the VDJ settings.

Great Idea would not hurt to add this on just in case someone forgot to plug in! Would not be any inconviniece to anyone especially if you had the option to either turn it on or off!

Possibly a transparent overlay on the VDJ screen would be nice , after you plug in it could fade off ;)

Posted Wed 23 Dec 09 @ 2:44 pm
Patje_1PRO InfinityMember since 2007
I think with the meter in sight you can detect earlyer that you have to search for your powercord.

Posted Mon 28 Dec 09 @ 1:35 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Major issue for me too. I allmost exhausted my battery twice in the past.

Posted Sat 13 Feb 10 @ 6:18 pm
Windows 7 displays a pop-up message when battery is getting low, even if you have the skin full screen, giving you time to plug the adaptor in.

Windows Vista only shows a balloon pop-up in the task bar, which will not be visible if you have the skin full screen.

Posted Sun 14 Feb 10 @ 8:42 pm
jpboggis wrote :
Windows 7 displays a pop-up message when battery is getting low, even if you have the skin full screen, giving you time to plug the adaptor in.

Windows Vista only shows a balloon pop-up in the task bar, which will not be visible if you have the skin full screen.

It doesnt if you disable acpi battery control which most users would do to lower latency on a streamlined system.

I know because it happened to me last saturday when I accidently knocked the power lead out and didnt notice until the laptop shut down without warning

Posted Fri 19 Feb 10 @ 4:36 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
djjameslake wrote :
It doesnt if you disable acpi battery control which most users would do to lower latency on a streamlined system.

If you disable the ACPI interface, how would you expect VDJ to be able to ascertain your battery status; especially since windows can't?

Posted Fri 19 Feb 10 @ 10:09 pm
i agree

Posted Sat 20 Feb 10 @ 7:48 pm
If windows 7 sorts this problem out then thats great, I'll be getting it soon.

Posted Mon 22 Feb 10 @ 2:54 pm
i would like to see this feature also. I for one had my power cord for my laptop unplugged while doin ah set, and as we all kno, when your doin ah party(club)etc... your not lookin for an led on ur pc. and as you could imagine i almost lost power. now what kind of party would that have been lol.

Posted Thu 07 Apr 11 @ 8:40 pm
SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005

Posted Thu 07 Apr 11 @ 9:09 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Charlie Wilson wrote :
When your working in different venues each week and with other DJ's and bands you have to put up with all types of crap including people turning off or unplugging stuff, I've had it on at least 3 or 4 occasions and now have to stick post-its on my stuff to be on the safe side.

I too have also forgotten to plug my laptop in before now.

I got the idea for a warning or level meter after buying and using Serato, couldn't believe how good a feature it was.

I can surely relate to Charlie here, this has also happen to me doing different venues, with guest singer artist, bands, comedy shows, this should somehow be standard like the CPU levels gauge, maybe right next to it would be the Best place for it.....

You wouldn't want to run out of gas in the middle of the night on a long trip, because your gas gauge isn't working..... Well we don't have one..!!!

Joey....

Posted Fri 08 Apr 11 @ 12:22 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
JoeyKJ wrote :
because your gas gauge isn't working..... Well we don't have one..!!!

Except you can if you want :)

Posted Fri 08 Apr 11 @ 12:31 pm
+ 1

Posted Fri 15 Apr 11 @ 7:19 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)