Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Virtual DJ6 and Numark NS7 (genelar topic) - Page: 16

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
jeffrey tedder wrote :
Will there also be a VV update for the NS7? Or will I need to crossover to VDJ? Sorry if this question has already been asked/answered.

Yes all the versions are currently being updated and will be released shortly.

Posted Sun 30 Aug 09 @ 9:18 am
jjloevli wrote :
jjloevli wrote :
I get problems with the sound when i,m scrolling up/down in my favorites

Scrolling is okey now, but the CPU usage is about 17% higher than my HC4500.
20%-27% while playing, 45-70% when loading MP3 and 60%-85% when loading WMA.

Motorized platters will require more from the program using it.

What is your system spec?

Posted Sun 30 Aug 09 @ 9:20 am
Macbook Pro(latest,june09)2,8ghz/4gb DD3 ram,500GB(7200rpm HD)Nvidia 9400mGT.
Bootcamp XP Pro

Posted Sun 30 Aug 09 @ 12:08 pm
I would recommend ensuring you have the latest version of bootcamp and your macs windows drivers. Its not an ideal enviroment as virtualised operating systems can be slow.

Posted Sun 30 Aug 09 @ 5:29 pm
skyfxl wrote :
I would recommend ensuring you have the latest version of bootcamp and your macs windows drivers. Its not an ideal enviroment as virtualised operating systems can be slow.

I,ve tested with a HP HDX 18 1350 eo tonight, 2.66ghz dual core, 4GB DDR3 ram, and it,s the same.

Posted Sun 30 Aug 09 @ 5:35 pm
I installed the 6.0.2 last night and everything worked on my NS7 except the platters.

I had to turn them off for the system to function properly.

I'm I missing something?

I have a mac book pro and I allready had Itch running smoothly.

Posted Mon 31 Aug 09 @ 10:20 am
Got my NS7 today! Works better than i thought with 6.0.2. A little testing with different latencys and now im mixing videos. Platters working. The ns7 takes a little bit more cpu for me than the DJ Console but not much. I must add that im using a stationary computer. Dual core 3ghz with 3gb memory.

Posted Mon 31 Aug 09 @ 12:29 pm
savoryPRO InfinityMember since 2008
idjsounds wrote :
I installed the 6.0.2 last night and everything worked on my NS7 except the platters.

I had to turn them off for the system to function properly.

I'm I missing something?

I have a mac book pro and I allready had Itch running smoothly.

Im having the same problem. Im running a Sager gaming laptop. Intel T9300 (dual core 2.5) , 4 gigs of rams, nvidia 8700gt with windows vista set for best performance. This laptop runs flawlessly with timecode with minimal cpu useage but with the ns7 if the platters are on the cpu meter is at 100%. Am i missing something because this laptop will run pretty much anything on the market

Posted Mon 31 Aug 09 @ 7:26 pm
Better Than me ... I can't even get my ns7 to detect in VDJ...it works fine with itch .. can someone pls help .. I insatlled 6.02 over 6.01 and also tried uninstalling 6.01 and installing 6.02 with latest itch and numark usb drivers and still nothing. Again itch works just fine i have a Toshiba Qosmio laptop with 2.6 ghs intel centrino duo and 4gb ddr2 .. I also set the settings in VDJ as recommended by skyfxl still nothing.

One thing I did find is that when i go into the mappers section the ns7 does not show. instead i have to eveytime check the check the detected devices only and select the ns7 map manually click ok and still nothing no control of anything whatsoever.

Posted Mon 31 Aug 09 @ 10:01 pm
Boricus it sounds like you can't see the NS7 driver.

That happen to me on my PC so I tried my mac.

I still can't get the platters to rotate. When I press play the platters start turning for about 1 second then it stops.

I tried changing the latency settings but it still did not help.

If I move the slider pitch up or down the platters DO rotate and stay rotating.

It looks like the mapping of the platters are sinked to the slider pitch.

What's going on here?

I'm I posting this in the right location?

Posted Mon 31 Aug 09 @ 11:19 pm
@boricuas

If you have using Beta mapper 1.4.1. with your VDJ 6.0.1 you must delete old Definition and mapper file before upgrading, than it will works fine.

Regards Tjeck

Posted Tue 01 Sep 09 @ 1:22 am
ok this is my opinion..

boricuas i think that if your laptop dont have the necesary requirements for example a intel core 2duo processor vdj wont find the ns7 it happend to me i tryed on another laptop and worked.
anyway let talk about the good things and badthings....

good news:
1. ns7 almost fully functional with vdj and video mixing with the ns7 is pausible...
2. the platters spins and you can scratch...
3. you can use all the extra fx and samplers from vdj.. itch its too simple...
4. important features work like the stripsearch and hot cues...

bad news:
1. its not fully funtional
2. dont have the same response during scratching like on itch..
3. when playing a song and turning your browser button you hear this weard sounds...
4. using video mixing + the ns7 you will need a really powerfull computer...
5. when turning on the keytone button the song gain some interferance...
6. the sound quality i think its better on itch..

** i had been waiting this update to come to buy the full versin and i did and only to find that the ns7 and vdj still have problems not only i cannot use the ns7 @ a party with vdj beacause of this ''strange sounds'' i just paid the full version!!

** i been a vdj user since a lot of years...always love it but im disapionted with this badnews i spected a fully functional software and hardware.

Posted Tue 01 Sep 09 @ 1:54 am
boricuas wrote :
Better Than me ... I can't even get my ns7 to detect in VDJ...it works fine with itch .. can someone pls help .. I insatlled 6.02 over 6.01 and also tried uninstalling 6.01 and installing 6.02 with latest itch and numark usb drivers and still nothing. Again itch works just fine i have a Toshiba Qosmio laptop with 2.6 ghs intel centrino duo and 4gb ddr2 .. I also set the settings in VDJ as recommended by skyfxl still nothing.

One thing I did find is that when i go into the mappers section the ns7 does not show. instead i have to eveytime check the check the detected devices only and select the ns7 map manually click ok and still nothing no control of anything whatsoever.

Posted Tue 01 Sep 09 @ 1:55 am
i almost forgot another bad thing when you hit the sync button it dont actually sync the bpm only come neer for example 128.0 deck1 and 128.3 the deck2 this means that if you let the two track playing synced for a while youl notice that one is running faster than the other one and they will come off sync!!

Posted Tue 01 Sep 09 @ 2:23 am
kingarthurdj wrote :

bad news:
1. its not fully funtional
2. dont have the same response during scratching like on itch..
3. when playing a song and turning your browser button you hear this weard sounds...
4. using video mixing + the ns7 you will need a really powerfull computer...
5. when turning on the keytone button the song gain some interferance...
6. the sound quality i think its better on itch..

....and the microphone don,t work

Posted Tue 01 Sep 09 @ 3:32 am
I got the headphones to work,
i used the settings skyfxl recommended, at first no go, but after reinstall it was fine.

Kingarthurdj, try using the ns7 without the platter turning, than it might stay in sync.
When i have spinning platters, slowly a song will get out of sync, when i turn the
platters of, there is no problem.
don't know why this happens but it does.

Posted Tue 01 Sep 09 @ 4:14 am
This is amazing ... Why put out a release for an update for a device that cost this much and continue to have all these problems .. I am so disappointed in VDJ. I have spent astronomical amounts of money on software and hardware to work with this program and nothing seems to work the way I want it to .. I started out with the hercules dj console MK2 then I purchased the Numark ICDX because supposedly it is a native controller recommended by VDJ and still nothing but problems Then I thought maybe its the computer so i built a powerhouse quadcore machine rackmounted for my bigger gigs still same problems..crappy latencies and popping sounds, then i thought let me try time codes so i purchased CDJ800 MK2 and still all kinds of problems. this is ridiculous i don't undertand why i have so many problems when i use serato for the same purpose with the same machines and it works fine. I suggest Atomix get their shit together and make this software work the way it is advertised so as to make it worth the effort for people such as myself and others to make these type of investments, for now i will stick with Serato Scratch Live for my big gigs and Serato Itch with Numark NS7 for my smaller gigs.

Sincerely

DJ Bori

Posted Tue 01 Sep 09 @ 7:46 am
ellicitHome userMember since 2009
i would just wait for itch 2.0

Posted Tue 01 Sep 09 @ 10:36 am
b1shopPRO InfinityMember since 2007
boricuas wrote :
This is amazing ... Why put out a release for an update for a device that cost this much and continue to have all these problems .. I am so disappointed in VDJ. I have spent astronomical amounts of money on software and hardware to work with this program and nothing seems to work the way I want it to .. I started out with the hercules dj console MK2 then I purchased the Numark ICDX because supposedly it is a native controller recommended by VDJ and still nothing but problems Then I thought maybe its the computer so i built a powerhouse quadcore machine rackmounted for my bigger gigs still same problems..crappy latencies and popping sounds, then i thought let me try time codes so i purchased CDJ800 MK2 and still all kinds of problems. this is ridiculous i don't undertand why i have so many problems when i use serato for the same purpose with the same machines and it works fine. I suggest Atomix get their shit together and make this software work the way it is advertised so as to make it worth the effort for people such as myself and others to make these type of investments, for now i will stick with Serato Scratch Live for my big gigs and Serato Itch with Numark NS7 for my smaller gigs.

Sincerely

DJ Bori

I have noticed popping sounds as well and they won't go away. They weren't there before until I got the Hercules DJ Console Rmx and now it does it even if I'm not using it. This is why I sold my NS7 there's too many issues with the NS7 and VDJ. Hopefully the Denon S3700 will work better with this new release of VDJ 6.0.2.

Posted Tue 01 Sep 09 @ 11:29 am
b1shop wrote :

I have noticed popping sounds as well and they won't go away. They weren't there before until I got the Hercules DJ Console Rmx and now it does it even if I'm not using it. This is why I sold my NS7 there's too many issues with the NS7 and VDJ. Hopefully the Denon S3700 will work better with this new release of VDJ 6.0.2.

Well I got a pair of Denon DN-HS5500 which share the same technology as the DN-S3700 and I must tell you that I am very impressed with VDJ 6.2

Posted Tue 01 Sep 09 @ 12:53 pm
80%