Quick Sign In:  

 Public Performance License

Do I need a public performance or music license if I am only playing songs from Online Music?

The Online Music Membership does not give you the right to perform music in public. It is a subscription service to be able to stream music only.

You and/or your venue will need the appropriate public performance and/or music licenses from the appropriate authorities in your country, even if you are only playing music from the Online Music catalog.

Songs and videos from Online Music are not licensed for public performance. This is the same as playing music from CD's, vinyl records, MP3, video files, iTunes, etc. Most of these are not licensed for public performance, even those intended for DJ/promotional use only and require you to have appropriate performance licenses from the appropriate authorities.

Please check with the appropriate authorities in your country for further information on the licenses that you may require.

You and/or your venue could face a large fine and/or confiscation of equipment if you are caught playing music in public without the appropriate licenses.