Front & Rear Panels Front panel - Numark NS6
- FADER START. If the switcher is at the ON position, the left or/and the right assigned deck will start playback as soon as the Volume fader of the corresponding mixer channel is moved from the minimum position, or the crossfader is moved to the corresponding side..
- XFADER CURVE. Adjusts the slope of the crossfader curve. Turn the knob to the left for a smooth fade (mixing) or to the right for a sharp cut (scratching). The center position is a typical setting for club performances.
- XFADER ASSIGN: Routes the audio playing on the corresponding channel to either side of the crossfader (A or B), or bypasses the crossfader and sends the audio directly to the Program Mix (center, THRU).
- HEADPHONES BLEND: Turn to mix between Cue and Program in the Headphone channel. When all the way to the left, only channels routed to Cue will be heard. When all the way to the right, only the Program mix will be heard.
- HEADPHONES SPLIT. When this switch is in the ON position, the headphone audio will be "split" such that all channels sent to Cue are mixed to mono and applied to the left headphone channel and the Program mix is mixed to mono and applied to the right channel. When the switch is in the OFF position, Cue and Program audio will be "blended" together.
- HEADPHONES VOLUME. Adjusts the volume level of the headphone output.
- HEADPHONES SOCKET. Connect your 1/4" or 1/8" headphones to this output for cueing and mix monitoring.
Rear panel - Numark NS6
- POWER: Use the included power cable to connect NS6 to a power outlet. While the power is switched off, plug the cable into NS6 first, and then plug the cable into a power outlet. Use the Power Switch to turn the NS6 on and off. Turn on NS6 after all input devices have been connected and before you turn on amplifiers. Turn off amplifiers before you turn off NS6.
- USB. This USB connection sends and receives audio and control information from a connected computer.
- MASTER OUTPUT (XLR): Connect this low-impedance XLR output to a PA system or powered monitors. The level of this output is controlled with the Master knob on the top panel.
- MASTER OUTPUT (RCA): Use standard RCA cables to connect this output to a speaker or amplifier system. The level of this output is controlled by the Master knob on the top panel.
- BOOTH OUTPUT (RCA): Use standard RCA cables to connect this output to a booth monitoring system. The level of this output is controlled by the Booth knob on the top panel.
- LINE INPUTS. Connect your audio sources to these inputs. Inputs 1 and 2 can accept both line and phono-level signals. Inputs are directed to the Master Output via the PC/LINE switchers at the top panel of the NS6.
- MIC INPUT. Connect a 1/4" microphone to this input. Microphone controls are located on the top panel on any channel whose Input Selector is set to Mic