Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: THIS IS CRUCIAL

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Why is it that vdj sells under the numark name and these minds havent or wont consider a mixer to control vdj.. not a midi control like total control, but take the numarkx9 and incorporate the virtual vinyl interface technology add midi control through usb...i actually have a design for this mixer....i always wondered if the thought ever crossed their minds... cause for what rane robs you for $1400+ numark and atomix could offer for $800(adding the cost of virtual vinyl and the cost of the x9 for this example) just a thought.....

Posted Tue 18 Nov 08 @ 8:53 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
This has been discussed many times, but essentially it's down to a hardware manufacturer such as Numark not VDJ, so really the suggestion should be targetted at them.

Hell you could always DIY a solution ;)

That said, if you are needing one, there are plenty of mixers out there that do this - built in soundcard with MIDI:

Ecler Evo 5 (I use this, good mixer)
Allen & Heath Xone:4d
Korg Zero 8
Allen & Heath Xone:3d
Korg Zero 4
Ecler Evo 4

Posted Wed 19 Nov 08 @ 6:17 am
not into those huge 12 and 14 inch mixer if there was a 10 inch 2-channel like 57sl for us simple djs that dont need all the extra space eliminating stuff to rock a party.....like the behringer ddm4000 controls but its to dam big...all the mixer you stated a re hella good but to dam big kills my rhythm reaching and juggling i like short reaches... and even tho atomix is not a hardware company it can mention innovations that will promote the current venture their engaged in...if any one knows if you can have a design created please tell me how cause if im gonna spend 1500 - 3000 for a mixer i might could get a prototype built and spend the same or less....

Posted Wed 19 Nov 08 @ 9:42 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I know what you're saying ;) If you're feeling creative, you could always retrofit a MIDI crossfader and soundcard to an existing mixer, and bolt some kind of MIDI control panel on the sides for extra controls?

Posted Wed 19 Nov 08 @ 3:06 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)