Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Is this possible

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Cues.......10 would be nice(on one skin)
Big mute button next to volume level(mute deck)
All buttons .....green outline on/red outline off
Small notepad (like comment window but a bit bigger)good for chicks phone #s....etc
Go cue right next to stop
Sync beat flash in the middle of the turntables
Instead of having three windows for playlists
1 playlists,browser
2 effects
3 samples
So we can see all at the same time
I do a lot of remixing live at the bar production options would be nice
Some controls in config could be accessible from the skin?not sure
ex scratch plug inns,or web scratch,tcv,key transpose...
Small dock for a vdj sequencer(just dreamin)
Yes i posted this in another thread
Thanks
Andre

Posted Sat 05 Feb 05 @ 9:30 am
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
For 10 cues at the same time it's already available on a CDJ700 pannel.

Posted Sat 05 Feb 05 @ 3:18 pm
NebulaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
i like the idea of a notpad, but how about one where u can save the notes on (in case of a crash) or have a seperate one which loads with each new song, in case you may have made any notes, like: "mix with this sample at cuepoint 2 and fade in deck 2" just for an example. this could be in a new window (like the video is) so u could just glance at it.

Just a thought

Nebula

Posted Wed 22 Jun 05 @ 7:53 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Note pad, is an idea shared by me, agree totally, it has more uses than that andre, hehe :). like your general ideas, mute would be ok, but I desire an eject button more, has soooo many uses and so eay to implement.

Posted Wed 22 Jun 05 @ 11:48 pm
I have a widescreen and just open notepad and write down requests in it. Ive had the idea of being able to drag songs into it like a multiple playlist so us karaoke people can make singer lists. Would love to see that.

Posted Fri 24 Jun 05 @ 5:57 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
10 cues? it would be great. but also 6 effects per deck loaded would be great!!

Dj Nikki

Posted Fri 24 Jun 05 @ 1:49 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
For more cues, just add buttons to your favorite skin or create a new skin. Personally, I use the X-session MIDI controller to get the extra buttons and dials and even a separate crossfader for video. I find it much easier to lay my hands on some hardware than to click buttons in the skin anyway. If you are looking for mroe control, then I suggest looking into MIDI controllers. If you are in the EU, then you should get the FaderFox controller.

Posted Fri 24 Jun 05 @ 5:43 pm
NebulaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
@ Xeon:

I agree, 6 effects would definately be pretty useful!

Posted Fri 24 Jun 05 @ 8:01 pm
rpradoPRO InfinityMember since 2005

The idea of a notepad link to each song is top on my wishlist.

To save screen estate, how about using note tab so when two songs are opened (1 for each deck) the two notes for each songs are available in hand.

For us mixing DJs, mixing note is very important, it is our knowledge.

One step further, how about ONE xml file (knowledge base) storing all mixing note for all songs in the VDJ database. Picture this if I am playing “Body rock”, vdj will display what mixing note I have in knowledge base to follow this song, when I select “Somebody’s watching me”, VDJ will extract the part of mixing note for “Body rock” mix with “Somebody’s watching me” from knowledge base and display in the notepad tab between the two decks(the position between the 2 faders and above cross fader). And I can follow the note and mix them live (mixing live with confidence is where the fun is). You won’t forget the best position to mix in anymore, even though you last mix them decades ago.

Posted Sat 25 Jun 05 @ 6:19 am
you can use the comment for song some skins display this in the players (not only artist and title)

Posted Tue 28 Jun 05 @ 9:29 pm
dj_cashPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I really like the notepad idea.. Right now I change name on cue's for ex. "sample 12, fade out song, play next (...) stop sample 12"
I don't want that notepad opens in a new window, I want notepad inserted in a skin (not like the video-window)...

and It would be great if the video-window is inserted in a skin...

I hope that I can see all that in the Pioneer 700s skin :D

Dj Cash

Posted Wed 29 Jun 05 @ 8:32 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)