Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: hercules rmx source button

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

for some reason the source button dosent work it lights up when i press it but thats it any suggestions?

Posted Tue 11 Nov 08 @ 10:55 pm
Hello,

You are probably not in VirtualDJ DJC 5 but in VirtualDJ Pro 5 (the time limited trial version), since in VirtualDJ DJC Pro, this issue should not happen.
In VirtualDJ Pro 5, click on the Config button, go to the Sound Setup tab and check the box "Apply EQ on external inputs": the source button will become functional again.

Posted Wed 12 Nov 08 @ 5:37 am
arfurHome userMember since 2007
After pressing the source button, press other buttons which normally work and see if they have any effect.

I have a problem (with a hercules MK2, not RMX) whereby the console crashes when source is switch, at all times unless VDJ is ON and 'Apply EQ on Ext Inputs' is checked, as MiB mentioned.

I would be interested to know if we are having the same problem on different consoles.

Posted Wed 12 Nov 08 @ 5:46 am
thanks Made In Breizh but that only works when i use the rmx for the soundcard not the ASIO driver and i usually asio beacuse it does skip or anything it runs smoothly

Posted Wed 12 Nov 08 @ 7:38 am
Arfur,

Your problem is very different of latino_3000 issue:

- For Latino 3000: pushing the source button doesn't activate the audio source. It doesn't crash the DJ Console Rmx.
=> The reason for this is simple: the WDM USB audio driver (a part of Windows XP or Vista) cannot handle 4-channel audio inputs in USB, so the source function (which should activate the audio input) is disabled in VirtualDJ in WDM. That is why there is a setting "Apply EQ on external inputs" in VirtualDJ, which switches the audio mode in ASIO, since the ASIO drivers have not this issue which is speciific to WDM.
=> The solution simply consists in switching in ASIO.

- The issue you meet, Arfur, is totally different: when you push on the source button on your MK2 (which cannot work in WDM, it is why there is a setting "Apply EQ on external inputs" in VirtualDJ to switches the audio mode in ASIO), in addition to not working (which is normal), it crashes the DJ Console Mk2, which is surprising.
=> After some testing, I noticed this action (push on the Source button(s) of the Mk2 in WDM mode) increases the USB power consumption, so if your USB port is slightly under-powered compared to USB standard, then it can crash the connection. I have found that on 1 USB port of my Dell Dimension 5150 (a computer with a very poor motherboard), I sometimes crash my Mk2 in pushing the source button in WDM mode.
=> You should test if
- connecting your Mk2 a USB hub which has its own power adapter solves the issue.
- connecting your DJ Console Mk2 to another USB port on your PC avoids the crash (if the other USB port is fully powered).

Posted Wed 12 Nov 08 @ 8:44 am
Hi MiB,

OK the explanation for Latino3000 is solid, clearly not the same issue I'm having.

Back to my issue:

I have tried to switch source whilst powered by an external PSU, and the console still crashes. At the point the button is pressed, the power consumption actually decreases slightly (about 15mA).

Quote "The issue you meet, Arfur, is totally different: when you push on the source button on your MK2 (which cannot work in WDM, it is why there is a setting "Apply EQ on external inputs" in VirtualDJ to switches the audio mode in ASIO)."

I don't believe that this is true, because all I need to do in order to be able to switch source, in WDM mode, without crashing, AND with getting external sound through without problem - is to revert back to 2007_CMK drivers. There are other advantages to the newer drivers though, which is why I don't want to revert back...

I'll make a video tonight to show you the different behaviour, and this behavious is consistent between 3 different PCs too!

Only other thing that can be wrong is there is a problem with my Hercules MK2 hardware, but the chances of getting that solved are small because the hercules support people have stopped talking to me on this issue now.. Seems if there is a problem that can't be solved with a reboot, they simply ignore you.

Posted Wed 12 Nov 08 @ 9:27 am
I guess it doesn't matter really, as long as I can use line in with "EQ on ext in applied"...

So I'll quit moaning now :-)

Still wish I knew what caused the crash though.

Posted Wed 12 Nov 08 @ 11:54 am
KiyosiPRO InfinityMember since 2009
There's no way to use Hercules RMX with VDJ to mix between VDJ and external sources, as far as I can tell.

I have tried every combination of ASIO and WDM and nothing works.

The SOURCE 1 and SOURCE 2 buttons are not recognized by VDJ software, it seems... ?

VDJ always, always, always says "Error in ASIO driver" and refuses to play anything when in that mode, so it appears there is no way to mix VDJ on the left deck and CD Player on the right deck!

This is disturbing, since I bought VDJ6 Pro & Hercules RMX to do just that!
Maybe it is a bug in the software?
Has anyone gotten this to work?

Posted Tue 13 Oct 09 @ 5:06 pm
KiyosiPRO InfinityMember since 2009

Posted Wed 14 Oct 09 @ 2:44 am
Please friends help me! ... use the hrcules rmx with VDJ 6.0.8 ... but, I can't configure the "source" button so you can put a cdj-200 in one of the entries, someone could teach me! ... greetings from Brazil!

Posted Sun 22 Aug 10 @ 9:05 pm
You need to make sure you are in ASIO mode and not WDM mode. Click on the Hercules icon in the task bar to change mode.

Cheers,

Roy

Posted Mon 23 Aug 10 @ 4:46 pm
how can I change the source botton to use the mic to record,I't use to work on virtual dj5 But now since I updated to 7 it wont let me do it! Its stays lock on to the time coded bull shit and wont let me change it in the midi mapping.. sombody pls help me asap!!!!

Posted Mon 20 Dec 10 @ 11:42 pm
I can't tell you how long I've tried to get the Source buttons to work. I'm using VDJ Pro 7 and I tried everything. Here's what I did to get it to work.

Click Config on the Virtual DJ screen. Click on the Sound Setup Tab. Select "Line-In" from the Input dropdown list (I have a second laptop connected to that input).

For Output, I have Headphones selected, with Master on Channel 1/2 and Headphones on Channel 3/4.

For Sound Card I have "DJ Console RMX" and I also have "Apply EQ on External Ports" checked.

Now I can mix from my external sources and my headphones work perfectly regardless of whether I'm mixing from the external source on Channel 1/2 or from Deck A.

Hope this helps somebody.

Posted Fri 22 Jun 12 @ 4:44 pm
Please check that mapping for the SOURCE button is set to the following:

get hastimecode ? timecode_bypass : get haslinein ? linein : nothing

If you have customised the mapping and upgraded from an older version of VirtualDJ then it may be set to an old mapping that's not compatible with the latest versions.

Posted Sat 23 Jun 12 @ 1:51 pm
How do i correctly change the mapping settings to get the source button to work?

Posted Sat 08 Jun 13 @ 8:18 pm

Posted Sun 09 Jun 13 @ 11:07 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)