Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: can someone create a "dump" effect

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djtopsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Some denon cd players have an audio effect to "dump" a portion of the track...actually it sounds like a simple reverse but the song keeps playing forward while the dump effect is enabled. This effect would be very useful during MANY rap songs that have just one or two words of profanity, that could be "dumped"...The problem with the currenly available revese / forward effect available on the VDJ download site is that after you reverse the "bit" when you re-press it goes forward from the last point, in most cases making the profanity word still audible.

If you have denon hardware players check out the dump effect it is a VERY useful effect that I am sure some of our talented code creating brethren could duplicate for vdj..... Any input,,,,,anyone else see the need for this?

Posted Mon 13 Oct 08 @ 8:45 pm
that would be so cool.

especially since denon dj controllers have that button "dump"

from what i gather it skips one second ahead and plays in reverse for one second, then jumps forward again.

Posted Wed 15 Oct 08 @ 8:48 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Try the "Forward Reverse" effect.
It does exactly what you are looking for :-)

Posted Thu 16 Oct 08 @ 7:17 am
Ya, I created a keyboard shortcut for "forward/reverse" and I put a big red sticker on my keyboard so I can find it easily. You guys need to do a bit more research before posting requests for features that already exist.

Posted Thu 16 Oct 08 @ 9:34 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)