Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: behringer uca202 questions

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello new user here. longtime dj. I own a tascam us428 interface and it is well...big. Works well in the studio for recording. great interface though not good for dj'ing.
so
I purchased a behringer uca202 as a portable interface and to see how it worked with tcv and it is pretty nice. real responsive as far as scratching goes. I'm considering buying another one to give me enough i/o for two turntables. I'm wondering how hard it is for virtual dj (or my computer) to configure and handle such a setup. I am using windows vista on a new laptop with 2 gigs of ram. I know the maya 44 is quite popular but unfortunately not available in my area.
Thanks for any help in advance
Peace
djbg

Posted Thu 18 Sep 08 @ 1:37 pm
should be fine all you have to do is select the inputs and outputs of the new one as well in the ASIO config box, im only running a p4 2.6Ghz single core and ive got a USB mixer which uses 2 USB ports and ive pluged in 2 external rubbish soundcards to give timecoded vinyl a go and i didnt notice any change really i suppose it would be eaiser for the computer if they were both pluged into ports next to each other (or above) as they run through the same circuits on the motherboad but it doesnt really matter!

Posted Fri 19 Sep 08 @ 3:25 pm
just wanted to say this works really good with virtual dj and dj decks. TCV works perfect. Got two interfaces for under 70 bucks at guitar center. My only problem now is i wanted to use my m-audio x-session pro to control effects and i think i would be pushing the limits of my internal usb hub's bandwidth.

What do you guys think about external usb hubs? these interface are bus powered so i'm concerned with using a hub it won't get the correct juice.

Posted Tue 23 Sep 08 @ 5:44 pm
yeah doesn't work as good with usb hub hooked up for mouse and external hard drive. I installed the behringer asio driver and everything went to hell. had to go back to asio4all which works pretty good. I can juggle and scratch with this setup. pretty much the cheapest time coded vinyl setup ever. I bought the x-session pro ($40 guitar center!!!) and have decided i will use that at gigs i don't want to bring turntables out too. Virtual dj midi implementation is very nice. extremely customizable. I can understand why everyone has switched to digital these days. it takes nothing away and only adds to the possibilities of what i bring to the table as a dj.

Behringer uca 200, uca 202 and M-Audio X-session pro are recommended inexpensive options for vdj

Posted Wed 24 Sep 08 @ 10:34 pm
DJ 2nitHome userMember since 2010
Can You Use A Behringer UCA202 Sound Card With A B 52 Mixer And Cd Player

Posted Sat 23 Oct 10 @ 10:31 am
hey im just a beginner with 2 numark's TT200 turntables and a DXM06 mixer. im running virtual dj pro as my software.
and i need help connecting to my usb audio interface with my turntables and my mixer.
can you please help me with the connections to the audio interface and how to configure it on virtual dj on my laptop?i just need help finding a cheaper audio interface to config my time codes to run with VDJ. help cuz i tried BEHRINGER UCA202 and didnt work:(. thanks

Posted Wed 02 Feb 11 @ 10:27 am
938MyDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
tonzy2g4 wrote :
hey im just a beginner with 2 numark's TT200 turntables and a DXM06 mixer. im running virtual dj pro as my software.
and i need help connecting to my usb audio interface with my turntables and my mixer.
can you please help me with the connections to the audio interface and how to configure it on virtual dj on my laptop?i just need help finding a cheaper audio interface to config my time codes to run with VDJ. help cuz i tried BEHRINGER UCA202 and didnt work:(. thanks

Hercules MK4 would be your best bet. Proven to work with timecode. You could switch to analog audio with just a push of a button, decent sound quality, plus it's a midi-controller so you would have jogwheels, faders, and extra buttons to control your digital music. I got mine for $229 @ Long & McQuade around October.

Goodluck!

Posted Thu 03 Feb 11 @ 8:56 pm
yashsLE userMember since 2010
Can i pre fader listen or cue using headphone port on behringer uca202?? Does it support that

Posted Tue 24 Jan 17 @ 5:42 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)