Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: 5 Rating colunm for tracks - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Prob be suggested before but how about having a 5 star rating colunm in the music browser so ya no whats hot and whats not?!?!

Posted Wed 10 Sep 08 @ 1:38 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
you could use your comments or album column for that in the mean time ie:- *****

Posted Thu 11 Sep 08 @ 10:56 am
MrMusicPRO InfinityMember since 2005
This feature would be perfect, if it imports the stars from iTunes...

But it is not that important for me ;-)

DJ Toni

Posted Thu 15 Jan 09 @ 1:19 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Yah That's what I do now as a alt.

But the problem with that is you can't sort by stars, lets say you want Raggae 5 Star only, How would you get that?

I know how to do it in iTunes.

You need a Rating Column every DJ I know has a Rating system of some sort you have to, and it's mandatory just to keepUp with the changing flow of Music.

What Up VDJ ?

Joey...

Posted Sat 17 Jan 09 @ 8:47 am
if you use the comment field for stars just click the comment field while in browser and it should put the stars in order top to bottom or vice versa ie five stars at top descending to 1 at bottom.

Posted Sat 17 Jan 09 @ 9:00 am
You need a sort field for Videos and Karaoke Files because if I'm DJing I don't need all those karaoke or Video files to come up in my search window.

I have a large Karaoke And Video collection.

So having a sort fiels for Karaoke that you could click off would be an added plus to make it easier for a busy DJ not to stress over all them unnecessary files.

This also is needed for Video file for the same reason as above.

I also do Video shows Don't need those Karaoke or Audio Files either in my search.

So having this feature would be extremely deneficial to all you're users.

Another thing the color difference between the Video and Karaoke files should be greater like Deep Green for Karaoke and Deep Blue for Videos, right now there to closely sililar in color especially in lighted area's some times it's hard to distinguish the two.

Thanks

Joey.....

Posted Sat 17 Jan 09 @ 9:31 am
If we can import iTunes music info why not the Stars?

I rip my CD's in iTunes go throgh the work, then do additional work in VDJ?

Joey....

Posted Sun 18 Jan 09 @ 1:32 pm
didn't i mention somewhere else that you can switch either of those fields off or even both of them if you want and just run mp3 and any combination you want joey...

Posted Sun 18 Jan 09 @ 2:16 pm
Hi Tayla

Yes you did and thanks for that.

I did what you suggested on the comment field and it works as an alternative but you have to do it twice once on impot through iTune and then again in VDJ

I think this would be a BIG PLUS forease of use feature to have

Thanks Tayla

Joey....

Posted Thu 22 Jan 09 @ 6:09 pm
fatboyfoster wrote :
Prob be suggested before but how about having a 5 star rating colunm in the music browser so ya no whats hot and whats not?!?!

Ditto!

Posted Fri 30 Jan 09 @ 3:15 pm
I'm doing my ratings in 2 ways: in iTunes with stars and in Finder (on Mac) with labels (user, that don't know: Finder is the equivallent to Windows Explorer). A label colorizes one ore more files.

Why colors? Because I'm labeling e.g. all the files, that many people like (let's say Robbie Williams - Feel). If I have a list of 100 files, I'm finding the most popular in just one view. This is extremely helpful, if you have e.g. 20 seconds remaining and you don't have a next song...

Other possibility: to label songs by years (green: 00s, blue 90s, red 80s...) or by tempo (purple: fast, yellow: mid tempo, brown: slow)

So I would love it to have 2 ways of labeling:
- stars (which are syncronized with the iTunes library, so you have to rate songs just once)
- color labels (if possible synchronize the labels with the labels of Finder)

Posted Wed 18 Feb 09 @ 2:43 am
I'm adding here also my screenshot, how this could look like in the browser:

The track listed (Chus & Ceballos is labeled in pink, but in the browser it's brown because this is the highlight color of the selected track)

Posted Wed 18 Feb 09 @ 3:27 am
It looks like we will still be waiting for a bit before we get a "ratings" column.. :-)
maybe in version seven?

Posted Mon 01 Jun 09 @ 10:16 am
hippydog wrote :
It looks like we will still be waiting for a bit before we get a "ratings" column.. :-)
maybe in version seven?

Hi hippydog

How did you get the color lable on your hot songs within the program, I've also suggested this feature in the past and don't know how to get this done.

Can you help me with this?

Thank you

Joey.....

Posted Mon 01 Jun 09 @ 5:04 pm
hippydog wrote :
maybe in version seven?

JoeyKJ wrote :
Hi hippydog

How did you get the color lable on your hot songs within the program, I've also suggested this feature in the past and don't know how to get this done.

Can you help me with this?

Thank you

Joey.....

ummmm.. what?
Their is no color labelling..

Posted Mon 01 Jun 09 @ 5:55 pm
I think he means my screenshot...the labelling is a request feature by me and it's pure Photoshop ;) !

Actually (and still unfortunately), there's no possibility of color labelling in VDJ (as far as I know)!

Posted Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 1:56 am
now that would be cool...

Posted Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 4:11 am
deltacon wrote :
I think he means my screenshot...the labelling is a request feature by me and it's pure Photoshop ;) !

Actually (and still unfortunately), there's no possibility of color labelling in VDJ (as far as I know)!

Posted Wed 04 Mar 09 @ 1:29 am
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes Your right

I also a while back made this suggestion and Tayla gave me a work-around way to accomplish this by using the comment field in the info option of the song file and fill in with asterisks that way.

I pointed out that all this work was already done in iTunes when ripping songs.

And this was the primary reason I purchased VDJ, save on all that work already in iTunes and migate the info.

I know this is important especially if you have a large database and do many different Venues, languages ect.

Highlight a song and change it to red color would be nice for very Hot songs of the week, month or Venue.

Hope something gets implamented towards this idea.

Maybe with the new 6.0 scripting there is a way to accomplish this?

Joey....

Posted Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 7:31 pm
+1

Posted Wed 03 Jun 09 @ 4:08 am
*bump*

Posted Wed 17 Jun 09 @ 11:22 am
65%