Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: A new virus has been found

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Be very careful do not open any "virtual greeting cards"...
Andre

Posted Wed 19 Jan 05 @ 9:48 pm
Seems to be the biggest virus ever
A new virus has been found and classified as being the most destructive ever
This virus was discovered yesterday afternoon by McAfee and there is no cure yet
This virus simply removes the 0 on your hd where the OS is
This is how it works:
It sends itself automatically to everyone
All contacts in your list stating "a virtual card for you"
As soon as you open this card it freeze the computer.
When you do ctrl-alt-delete or reboot the virus attack the 0 value of the sector destroying your hd
Yesterday in only a few hours this virus caused panic in New-York....says CNN
The source of this is directly from a microsoft employe
So do not open anything that says "A virtual card for you"
Please pass this along as quickly as possible
Andre

Posted Wed 19 Jan 05 @ 10:04 pm
ivarPRO InfinityMember since 2004
thanx for warning us

Posted Wed 19 Jan 05 @ 10:08 pm
Graham5PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Thanks Andre

Posted Wed 19 Jan 05 @ 11:18 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Yesterday? Huh, how old is this article andre? A friend of mine had this virus like 6 months ago; when he turnd on the computer, the Windows' blue screen warned about unmountable disk and froze. We than used the Windows' boot CD to start the computer, which recovered the lost data on disk and the system was restored.

I thought this was known for quite a while...

Posted Wed 19 Jan 05 @ 11:52 pm

Posted Thu 20 Jan 05 @ 1:02 am

Posted Thu 20 Jan 05 @ 1:18 am
RB2005PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Thanks for the warning

Posted Thu 20 Jan 05 @ 11:08 am
HannepPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Why does pepole creates viruzes.

They do not get anything out of it exept that a lot of individuals would like to kill them.
Hackin into nasa or something like that and then write something like u4mjjf was here or something like that.
Thats just fun (i would laugh if that would happen to my site).
But when these haxx0rs are making somethin just to disturb a lot of pepole.
ok worms and stuff thats eating up ur screen might be fun the first 5 times , but a viruz like this just iritate pepole.

last year i was givven a cpu repair by my brother coz this time our cpu has sent out a lot of viruzes to all over the world.
When he fixed the problem and i´ve installed xp the first thing thats popups when i insert the infected broadband cable.
Was about 5 spyware popups, later on that evening i´ve ran my anti viruz programm and it said i´ve got about 150 viruzes
About 20 was "extremely dangerous" and about 70 was spywares.
now that cpu is disambled coz it crached about 2 weeks after x-mas and i use it to test components to my dj cpu.
i could reinstall it but i´ve already reinstalled about 3 cpus this year. i now all the codez to my win 98 ,2000 , 2000 pro me and xp.
Thats sad a normal person do not know there serials but i do coz these f*cking viruzes.
I do not wanna spend the rest of my life reinstalling cpu´s so i´ve decided never i mean never let my dj cpu touch a network cable.
Songs shoul be transfered trough sd cards to my laptop and then to the dj cpu each song should be analyzed before takeoff to the dj cpu.
All this just because some guy/girl don´t have a life (in my eyes) and are probably gonna spend their rest of their lifes makin other pepoles life´s a total mess .
My life is a mess when one of my cpus craches sometimes i cry sometimes i could just spend hours sittin in front of my cpu and just looking at it.
while lookin at the wall i sometimes which that i gcould strike back at these demons like put them in jail for a long time.
I know pepole in affrica are starving while i i´m crying about my cpu but for me this is a major problem coz it´s killin me.
I which that i was born whithout a cpu coz as long i rememmber there´s always been a cpu in our house and i´m facin cpus every day not once or twice but about ten everywhere and the worst thing with cpus.
They never work as they should never same with cellphones pdas mp3 players games etc.

All i wanted to say was that i really do hate these haxxors that creates viruzes thats destroy cpus.

ps :I´m not a pcyco i promise :) and yes this post is very hard to read coz i´m tired and i do not know what i´m writing but everything has a meaning they should just be at other places...

Posted Thu 20 Jan 05 @ 11:54 pm
You can always run a /fixmbr on your hdd using the Windows XP Install CD to repair your drive anyway.

Posted Sun 23 Jan 05 @ 11:09 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)