Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: soundcard setup

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i just recently started using virtual dj and i was wondering what the soundcard set up is, i have a 7.1 soundcard but i dont know how to configure the sound so i can get headphones > line 1 ; audio > line 2 or even left deck > line 1 ; right deck > line 2 as im not using an external mixer, could any1 help? :(

Posted Mon 01 Sep 08 @ 10:37 am

Depends on your soundcard config, it can be as many channels as you want but unless you have the physical output ports to plug things into (i.e. headphones in one, speaker output in another) then you can't do it.

If you do happen to have multiple outputs, then in the sound setup, choose output -> headphones, Soundcard -> 4.1 channel output,
and you will see another box appear thats states Output channels (Master : Front / Headphones : Rear), then just plug speaker to the front output jack, headphones in the rear output jack and off you go!

If like me you have a "digital" surround soundcard where it's 7.1 capable, but only actually one headphone/spdif output then you cannot do it with this physical config.

Hope this helps

Denzel

Posted Mon 01 Sep 08 @ 2:23 pm
jinxieHome userMember since 2008
Does it work pluggin the headphones in line-in? i was told it would do, but i cant get it to work.. i have an acer extensa 5620..

Posted Mon 01 Sep 08 @ 6:30 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)