Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VCI-100 Issues

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey all. I've done some fairly extensive work in trying to map out my new VCI 100 to VDJ. It's a classic tossup situation between VDJ and Traktor. It seems companies go to some effort to make their controllers all configured and ready to go on Traktor, but we have to do all the work ourselves with for any other alternative. Heck someone even bought me a full version of Traktor, but I'd still rather use a trial version of VDJ. Well since I can't get the full member mappings you provide - I toughed it out. Now I'm having a problem and I was hoping someone would be kind enough to take me the last few steps of the way. Two issues:

Issue the first - The VCI has 3 cases where two buttons are mapped to give the same midi value as output. I have no idea why Vestax thought this was okay - because it isn't. The Effect Parameter allows a set of 4 buttons and dials to be used in 3 different contexts. I have these configured to start/stop and control the volume of all 12 of my Samples. I then found out, that three buttons, SW25, SW27 and SW32 are all mapped to the same midi's as one of the buttons (SW36) outputs in each of the effect parameter states (A, B and MAST). All this information can even be located in the specs of the controller. Now, I have three useless buttons on my board (two of which I wanted to use as beatlock switches, and one which I saw using to select the active deck) because using them starts one of three of my 12 samples. Joy. I'm sure they wouldn't have allowed this design to go through if it didn't have some purpose or workaround. How could I make use of those buttons now?

One additional thing is that the board is full of lights under buttons, and I can make it light up like christmas in Traktor, but I'm not aware of any way to send LED on/off commands from VDJ, or even just hook the various LED's so they flash to the beat.

I'm aware of a community mapping for this control (available to purchasing members). I already went through the trouble of mapping things myself - but if this more than a mapping, but some sort of DLL that could also control the lights - well then I might just be sold.

Thanks, and let me know what's up.

Posted Sun 31 Aug 08 @ 8:55 am

Posted Sun 31 Aug 08 @ 9:56 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)