Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Why don't MP4, MPG, MPEG, AVI, etc. files play in 5.2?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I apologize if this has been addressed somewhere already, but I searched ".mp4" and no topics where found which I find hard to believe.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

* VT ConQuest *
Visual Turntablist

Posted Fri 29 Aug 08 @ 6:46 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Whoops, ignore me, I thought I was in the PC forum....

*Embarrassed*

Posted Fri 29 Aug 08 @ 7:06 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
they all play fine for me

Posted Fri 29 Aug 08 @ 8:06 pm
DJ Cyder wrote :
they all play fine for me

Well lets pretend that they didn't, and that neither video or audio load at all for those formats using either the internal or quicktime decoders.

What would you do?

Posted Fri 29 Aug 08 @ 9:08 pm
Hmmm... I might have to do with the way I name my files.

I'm finding that some of my mp4's work and others don't (haven't tried the other files formats I listed on this threads subject line yet).

I'll look further into it and report back over the weekend just in case anyone else if having similar issues.

Posted Fri 29 Aug 08 @ 10:15 pm
NEVERMIND PEOPLE!

I found out why my mp4 (and all the other format) files weren't playing and it had nothing to do with VirtualDJ.

So nothing to see here, it was just me being 'tarded. =P

I finally feel confident enough to migrate away from the windows version of VirtualDJ Pro that I've been using for 2 1/2 years now to solely use VirtualDJ Pro Mac (now with 5.2) which I've been hoping to do for... 2 1/2 years! ;) ... Actually, realistically 1 - 1 1/2 years now. =)

This whole "problem" had to do with me saving all of my content somewhere else in the windows version and the Mac version not finding that new location. All good now though!

PEACE.

Posted Sat 30 Aug 08 @ 12:54 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)