Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: what's best dj mixer controller for virtual dj

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hi, can anybody help choose the best external dj mixer to midi control virtual dj please, thanks

Posted Tue 26 Aug 08 @ 3:27 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
There is no "best" controller. All of the controllers are different, and what one might like another might not like. I own the Total Control, the RMX, and two iCDXs and they are all controllers, and all different. So, I'm sorry to tell you there really is no answer to your question.

Posted Tue 26 Aug 08 @ 4:18 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
It also helps to know what you are wanting to accomplish?

Video Mixing?
Scratching?
Ability to connect other audio devices?

etc...

Regards,

Scott

Posted Tue 26 Aug 08 @ 6:38 pm
it depends what you intend to do (Mobile, club, home dj)

For mobility and costs I have used the Hercules MKII since it came out and never had an issues with it. It works very good with VDJ.

For professional use i like the Denon 4500hc because it has the same layout as dual CD players. Once you apply JP's mapper it works flawlessly.

Posted Fri 29 Aug 08 @ 2:34 pm
wizzoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
The one I am most happy about is the M-Audio Xponent. It's big, so the buttons are not to close, the 2 jog-wheels are big with a top touch-sensitive for scratching and around for pitch-bend. The mapper from SBDJ is very good!!. It's all in one, midi controler and soundcard. All buttons are soft-touch. And you have a UV-LED meter, not many have those.

Hope to be helpfull
Tom

Posted Fri 29 Aug 08 @ 4:52 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
i am waiting for numark ns7 ;)

Posted Sat 30 Aug 08 @ 8:14 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)