Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Can you help please?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi, can anyone offer me some advice please? I've just bought a Hercules MK 2 console with VDJ 3.4.1.
The info I'm reading says I might need to connect through another source before my amp if I get distortion, is that correct?
I cannot get it to run in Asio mode, it just won't put out any sound if I switch it over. Also, if I use the inputs on the console, the software will not allow the EQ's to be switched on, and if I try it says 'Console not detected, please plug in and restart' etc.

Is ther a way round these things please?

Thanks in advance

I'm running a Compaq Presario v4335
XP sp2
1.7 Pentium M
1GB ram

Posted Sun 24 Aug 08 @ 7:53 am
i am not sure what you have done so far so i am just going to recommed a few things.

1. Go to the Hercules website www.hercules.com. Go to the USA site. Go to support / drivers. select sound cards, dj console, drivers. It will show the latest driver. down load even if it say it is vista compatible. Save it to your desktop. When you install it, it may prompt you to uninstall the previous driver. go head and do it. If it tells you to restart or does it on it's own, you may have to relaunch the driver install again yourself. Make sure you have your Hercules ready because the drivers will want to flash the console.

2. Unlike traditional mixers that are pre-amped the hercules is not. I use to get the same distortion and sometime my levels would go up and down. I think that was because the signal was to week. I purchased a BBE sonic maxiumizer. it costed about $179. I know that might seem like a lot but once you use this it greatly increases the sound quality. I could not imagine doing a gig without it. What it does is strengthens the signal and cleans it up. you can use a conventioanl mixer instead if you wish but I didn't go that route because I wanted to keep my mobile set up light and compact.

3. In the settings all you should worry about is you have the sound card set as the MKII and under controllers you have the Hercules activated. also in the setting you will see automatic EQ reset. it is up to you if you want to keep it on or off. I like to keep it off.

I hope this helps you.

Posted Fri 29 Aug 08 @ 3:07 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)