Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: How to set automatic cue points?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey all first off I love Virtual DJ been using it for at least four years now just making hip hop remixs and stuff like that. I am now getting a little more serious with it and I am looking for a way to make it so cue points I have set automatically play at times I set or something so I don't have to do every one manually when trying to record a new mix. Thanks for the help!

Posted Sat 23 Aug 08 @ 11:59 am
Maybe if I clarify what I'm looking for I will get a response.

Let's say I have a track on the left with a beat playing. On the right I have a vocal track loaded but not yet playing. I want to make it so that at a certain point that I designate in the track playing on the left the track on the right will also begin to play. Anyone have any suggestions on how to achieve this?

Thanks a lot. :)

Posted Sun 24 Aug 08 @ 1:36 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi there, I not really sure what u mean but is it that u want to have the right deck to automatic played sync to the a certain point/cue in the left deck??

Do define more on what u trying to achieve.

Regards.

Posted Sun 24 Aug 08 @ 3:04 pm
Hey thanks for the response. I want to have the right deck automatically play at a certain point of the left decks track, not necessarily in sync just at whatever tempo I have it set at.

Lets say on the left deck I have Jay-Z's 99 Problems beat. On the right deck I have the vocals to the track. What I am trying to do it make it so that after I set cue points on the beat for where the vocals should begin, and on the vocals for where the verses start, I can automatically have it play. I hope I am making sense hah. Any responses greatly appreciated I have been trying to figure this out for a while. Thanks!

Posted Sun 24 Aug 08 @ 3:11 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Ok i roughly get what u mean;)

I dun think it is possible to do that without pressing play manually in right deck. Another way ard that i can think of is using the automix n of course this is only on 1 deck. Remember you can adjust the cue points on where should the track be blend in.

But i don't think this is what u looking for. Kinda awkward when u playing beats then to accapella but on serious note i think i know that u want to just applied the vocal to the beats but provided that the vocal tracks play auto when the beats tracks meet at certain points n i dun think that is possible or maybe im wrong;)

Sorry if i wrong on what u trying to do n if u may, u can elaborate more on it n i will check for u.

Regards.

Posted Sun 24 Aug 08 @ 3:42 pm
Thanks for the help. I think you pretty much get what I am saying.. I am just trying to get the acapella to play where I set a cue point on the beat.. Anybody with a good solution for this?

Posted Sun 24 Aug 08 @ 5:14 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)