Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Strange things last night with TCV

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I'll keep it short,

Kept losing my timecode signal last on both decks, down to 0% sometimes, tracks would slow down and speed up. At one point waveform started to go backwards thought WTF. Every time it happen I hit the Auto-config and the track played OK till I loaded another track up.

After about 30 mins of this fcuking around, I thought sod this and ask my girlfriend to get my RMX out of the car, and used that instead.

Using TCV/maya44/Vista with Clipbank and the new SBDJ ScrollText.

I've been trying to recreate it at home this morning on my home setup but it's all fine. I'm starting to think, are TCV worth all the farting around!!!!!

Posted Sat 23 Aug 08 @ 5:51 am
That's a bug with current version with rev 7 tcvs work fine, you don't lose signal.

Posted Mon 25 Aug 08 @ 1:30 pm

I've been using Vista, 5.1 and the old V4 timecode engine with my maya quite successfully, but in the last couple of weeks, It's starting to play up about.

Do Know why, and I can't put my finger on it.

Posted Mon 25 Aug 08 @ 4:51 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Jimmy b , for kicks try it with 5.2

I think it might still happen, it did it to me about a month ago but i cant remember if it was before or after 5.2

Posted Tue 26 Aug 08 @ 12:17 pm

Will do mate, when I've got some spare time.

It's just so strange.

Posted Tue 26 Aug 08 @ 1:21 pm
listen2 wrote :
Jimmy b , for kicks try it with 5.2

I think it might still happen, it did it to me about a month ago but i cant remember if it was before or after 5.2

I've just tried 5.2 for a couple of hours, with my TCV/maya and it does seem a little better than 5.1 (not with the RMX though)

I'm going to try 5.2 out tonight at my gig, see if I have any issues.

Posted Fri 29 Aug 08 @ 1:52 pm

Successfully played with 5.2 last night, had no issues, and it does seem better for the TCV. But I still can't get that V5 timecode engine workin' for me, nevermind.

So it looks like 5.2 for TCV work, and 5.1 for RMX work, I can live with that, lol.

Posted Sat 30 Aug 08 @ 2:49 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)