Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Newcomer need help RMX + virtual DJ

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

shizimuHome userMember since 2008
Hello All,

Right, Ive been reading these forums along with other sites for a couple of days now. Begining of the week I got the Hercules RMX which comes with the LE Virtual DJ software. After some reading I find out that i cant customise outputs unless i got pro....So I upgrade to pro on trial.

Now my intension was to basically do some mixing with the mp3's on my pc and what not. Now the set up i was after was to have the RMX plugged in, and the sound to come out of my PC speakers, after some sodding about i got that working by setting it up as 2 soundcards.

Now I've stumbled onto my next issue, and one i really cant solve. Basically when i try to cue the tracks up, I put the headphones into my rmx but cannot get any sound from it.

If i switch the RMX to the only soundcard, i get the pre cue headphone output.

Help! Thanks

Posted Fri 22 Aug 08 @ 12:57 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
That's because in the 2 card configuration - sound only goes to the 1&2 jacks of the RMX. The headphones are 3&4. So, go back to the 2 card setup plug your headphones into channel 1 - Now it will be mono (left) channel.

Posted Fri 22 Aug 08 @ 1:29 pm
shizimuHome userMember since 2008
Well i just tried to plug my headphones into every sound socket I got.... Still didnt work.

My setup is like this

Soundcard 1 = Speakers (Pc sound card)
Soundcard 2 = RMX

Swaping them over doesnt really appear to do much other than loose the cross fader : /

Posted Fri 22 Aug 08 @ 3:45 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)