Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Vista and database issues

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi Yall,
having a bit of a mare, hope you can help.
Been using VDJ for over 2 years and despite a few operator errors has been solid and problem free.
Purchased a new laptop 4 months ago with Vista (previously been using xp)and all has been good........until last week when i was faced with the internal database is corrupt message.(why does it do this and can this not be fixed)
Read many threads on this forum in regards to similar problems other vdj users have had, and proceeded to download install and the run vdj addon.
Opened vdj again corrupt message had gone,along with some of my bpms so decided to rescan missing bpm's.
Now when i try to scan songs manually i am faced with a fatal error message, doesnt matter what song or with external hard drive connected or with new imported songs the problem remains the same.
I have tried rebooting restarting changing usb port, connection lead, in desperation have tried taking working xml.database from xp computer without any success, literally made no difference whatsoever the database remained the same.

With XP I was also able to close and open vdj at will and still be able to use the hercules soundcard as a output without problems ie for using windows media player. I am unable to carry out this since using vista, if i now close vdj i lose the sound output completely.
Anyone else suffering like me

Would appreciate any help.

Posted Thu 21 Aug 08 @ 1:26 pm
let's start from scratch.

uninstall vdj completely. copy all vdj xml files to a disconnected hard drive.

step 1: initial setup
if virtual dj start up, skip this step.
install vdj. DO NOT ADD MUSIC JUST YET.
start up vdj, remove all favorites folders.
shut it down, start it up again...
does it work? if yes, continue to next step

step 2: sound output
if you are already using your preferred sound card, skip this step.
setup the sound card. can you use your preferred sound card to preview samples provided with vdj?
if yes continue to next step. if not, uninstall drivers, shut down pc. wait 10 seconds, boot up pc. install drivers. setup sound card again.

step 3: playing mp3
drag one song from a windows folder to the virtual deck.

step 4: music library
add a folder of music. DO NOT ANALYZE. drag music file from vdj browser to vdj deck.
press play

step 5: analyze bpm
go to www.mixmeister.com and download their bpm analyzer, install, and analyze all music.
the difference between mixmeister and vdj, is that mixmeister writes the analyzed data to the file itself.

step 6: analyze key
go to www.mixmeister.com and downlaod trial version of fusion, install and let ti analyze all key codes.
again, the difference between mixmeister and vdj, is that mixmeister writes the analyzed data to the file itself.

step 7: status update
if issue resolved, then say thanks.
if issue has not been resolved, then it's beyond me.

www.djshahar.com LA DJ Shahar

Posted Sat 23 Aug 08 @ 5:52 pm
Jason I am gonna be honest here, most/ if not all of the Vista issues were resolved in the 5.0 and up versions. IF you were to upgrade to the pro version you will have to reanalyze, but the database stuff has been changed so there is no more corrupt database like ver 3.4. Since you are already an owner of the home version you get a discount to upgrade.

What I would do if I were you is download the trial version and give it a shot:)

Posted Sun 24 Aug 08 @ 3:12 am
Guys thanks for takin the time out for the info, much appreciated.
Got another question for you.

Am Looking at purchasing new hercules dj console rmx which comes packaged with vdj v5 home edition, is this version "Vista Friendly"?

Thanks again

Posted Sun 24 Aug 08 @ 12:11 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)