Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Mapping Keys in Virtual DJ

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey guys, I'm rather new to the djing scene and as I start to put together the gear I'm going to use to play out live I have a few questions that if answered, would make my life a lot simpler.

1) Do you guys use the "right-click on cue" for a snap to the grid mixing feature? Or do you press play precisely on the beat? So far I've had little success with pressing play on the beat... maybe I just need a lot more practice.

2) I dj off my mac latop, which lacks a right-click. Therefore, in order to use the snap to gird beat matching feature, I need two hands. One on the "control" key and one on the mouse click. Is there a way to map the "control" and "Play" commands to one button on my keyboard? I'd like to be able to have one hand hitting the button and the other hand sliding the crossfader on my external mixer.

thanks for the help.

Posted Thu 21 Aug 08 @ 10:37 am
HiTowerPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Personally, I just hit play to beat mix. If I'm a little off I just adjust the song. As for the right click option, you could get a mouse that supports this. Also, you could look at getting an external controller. It would make life easier for you.

Posted Fri 22 Aug 08 @ 12:02 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)