Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Maya 44 PCI...am I an idiot?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

mfdoomHome userMember since 2005
I have just bought the Maya44 to set it up with my timecoded vinyl, but having just taken it out the box have realised that there are only 2 inputs and 2 outputs...however it said 4in/4out, can anyone shed some light on this?? Do I need the USB version instead?

Posted Wed 20 Aug 08 @ 12:58 pm
Like most internal desktop sound cards, the sockets will be stereo 3.5mm mini headphone jacks, giving you two stereo input channels and two stereo output channels. You will need 4x 3.5mm headphone jack to 2x RCA phono cables to connect to your decks and an external DJ mixer (If you are using one.)

Posted Wed 20 Aug 08 @ 1:09 pm
mfdoomHome userMember since 2005
Thanks jp, thats great news, I no longer feel like an idiot... My next problem is that I do not have two line out connections for my decks on my mixer. Is there a work around for this or do I just have to get a new mixer?

Posted Wed 20 Aug 08 @ 1:41 pm
Each deck will need its own line out to connect to the Maya44 card. You will also need a mixer with atleast two channels for the output of the sound for each deck in VirtualDJ.

If you are using an all-in-one CD player + mixer system or similar, it may not have sufficient inputs/outputs.

Posted Wed 20 Aug 08 @ 1:56 pm

Posted Wed 20 Aug 08 @ 10:48 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)