Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Encrypting Your HD

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey guys... was hoping someone might have some experience in this.

I am a Video DJ, and I have hundreds of videos that I have personally edited... and spent countless hours upon. Not to mention the thousands of legally obtained videos I have ripped.

Aside from never letting my computer leave my sight, I was wondering what other DJs/VJs did to protect their libraries. Always scared at the end of the night when I am carrying my equipment to the car that I might get jacked.

I have read alot about encryption lately. There are tons of options out there such as truecrypt, EFS, McAfee, ect.

I was wondering if anyone is using any of these... and how it affects the performance of the system.

Thanks,
Dave.

Im using WinXP w/
2x 1TB HD (Video & MP3)
160GB HD (for OS)

Posted Sat 16 Aug 08 @ 6:25 am
Hi

I have a tower system which is left permanently in a residency and a SFF machine which I carry to gigs and had the same concerns re; security of videos. I keep my videos on drives which have been encrypted using trucrypt and haven't experienced any real problems with it. There must be an overhead in terms of processing power but I'm not aware of it as I've always worked this way with VDJ.

Hope this helps

Posted Mon 18 Aug 08 @ 6:16 am
.44 Dessert Eagle

Posted Wed 20 Aug 08 @ 5:47 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)