Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Issues setting up timecoded vinyl with maya44 usb

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Qyiot1PRO InfinityMember since 2007

Hi,

I just got my Maya44 usb and I'm trying to get everything set up. I was able to set the left turntable but the right for some reason will not set. I still says silent. I checked the settings on the mixer for both channels and set them exactly the same. I'm also getting a little feedback. Anyone know how to fix these problems?

Posted Thu 14 Aug 08 @ 9:47 pm
did you try to auto-config button in sound setup menu?

Syberman

Posted Fri 15 Aug 08 @ 1:05 am
Make sure in the sound setup, you select two timecode TT and external mixer two output,then select the maya 44 icon.And as Syberman said try the auto-config.In my set-up I tick the software preamp because with vinyls the maya 44 is very low,this soundcard doesn't carry a pre amp,
then try the auto-config again.

Posted Fri 15 Aug 08 @ 2:29 am
I did try the auto config. The second channel (table two) shows just a flat line. The software preamp can you tell me more?

Posted Fri 15 Aug 08 @ 8:14 am
If notice on the maya 44 the input lights dont blink,what the software riaa preamp does is to amplify the signal but you will not get any light in the input anyway.Make sure you select v4 engine,and also if there is signal in the signal box,just double click on the auto-config.Sometimes when I use cd players then back to my turntables I get timecode to be 0%.All I do is to auto-config and everything fine.So try and use the software preamp.

Posted Sun 17 Aug 08 @ 1:26 pm
Ok. I'll try this. I'm also getting bad sound quality do you think it has something to do with the mixer i have? Mine seem ancient at this point. Do I need a digital one?

Posted Sun 17 Aug 08 @ 10:57 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Are you using the channels on the Mixer "Inline" or "Phono"

Posted Sun 17 Aug 08 @ 11:01 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)