Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Crashing issues with GeForce 8800 [SOLVED]

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm not sure what the problem is here.

Everything was working fine until I hooked up a second monitor via S-video and set up for dual display mode, and extended the monitors in XP.

I was able to setup the video out correctly in VDJ and had one monitor showing the decks and controls and the other just showing the TV Window out.

Then I started getting wrong resolution messages, Error in direct X messages. and I couldn't get some of my midi functions to work and couldn't even get anything to play using the mouse. Everything started screwing up.

Then when I clicked the play button, I started getting a Video Driver error.

all because I hooked up and configed a second monitor.

I know this computer is more than fast enough. It was working flawlessly until now.

What did I do? and can I get this problem fixed

Posted Thu 14 Aug 08 @ 12:01 pm
ok.

I've downloaded 5.2 and managed to get all my settings back to the way they were prior to the "event"

I'm wondering if it would be better to install a second video card and run the TV output through one and the preview monitor through the second card.

Even though my GeForce 8800 supports dual video, would this configuration be more stable???

Posted Thu 14 Aug 08 @ 1:58 pm
Ok,

since updating to 5.2, and with a little configuring of the Nvidia settings. I managed to get the issue resolved (at least it seems to be working for the moment)

I am wondering if the updated version is more stable than the previous 5.1 version for the Nvidia 8800. I was able to play around with it for a few moments without any issues. All midi functions are working as well.

so we shall wait and see.

Posted Thu 14 Aug 08 @ 6:54 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I've been using my 8800 (albeit I have two) in my system since 5.0, and haven't had any crashses...

Glad you got it sorted tho :)

Posted Thu 14 Aug 08 @ 7:35 pm
Just curious.....

By having two video cards, Is that configuration the better way to go?
I don't mind having a separate card for each output if it means a much more stable system

Posted Fri 15 Aug 08 @ 12:52 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Not really, I've always run on one in the past. The only reason I have two is because the laptop I use is supplied with two!

Posted Fri 15 Aug 08 @ 4:36 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)