Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Error in the sound driver... help! [SOLVED]

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i have a imac, 20 inch dutch languages

and about 2 weeks i bought the Hercules Dj console Rmx
and i have Virtual dj Limited Edition.. and i wanna keep this LE
so dont come with, upgrade to Pro.. i bought it to do this as a hobby

but yesterday it said for the first time : Error in the sound driver
i see that there are many topics for this problem, and many solutions..
i have tried almost everything:
- changed the usb ports for many time
- installed everything again for like more then 10 times
- changed my audio/midi many times
- tried the update from hercules for my Rmx control panel but still..
nothing works..

i've bought a product that exactly doesnt work..

and how can i contact people of virtual dj?
ore must i contact people from Hercules?

Posted Wed 13 Aug 08 @ 9:22 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi stefangrdost, can u try to attached ur Rmx to ur imac before u boot up. Does it help?

Posted Wed 13 Aug 08 @ 10:58 am
i have already tried that... but it didnt work..

can it be that the audio/midi settings are wrong?

but i haven't touch anything.. just from one day to the next day i got this error

Posted Wed 13 Aug 08 @ 11:21 am

Posted Wed 13 Aug 08 @ 11:34 am
Alright Thnx anyway!!

i hope they can help me!

Posted Wed 13 Aug 08 @ 11:51 am
Please post the result, i had the same problem before the update to pro-version.

Posted Thu 14 Aug 08 @ 3:25 am
yesterday i send a message to the staff of virtual dj.. but until now it hasn't been read.
so i called to the store where i bought the product
and they are going to call to Hercules

excatley they have sold me a product where the software didnt work.. and for the money i have paid for it, it should work
but the strange thing is, is that they have the Hercules Rmx plugged into an mac that i have, so customers can excatley try
the Rmx console in the store.. and they have never heard of the error in the sound driver.. and they also have the Home edition..

you will hear from me soon

stefan

Posted Thu 14 Aug 08 @ 4:12 am
djqcPRO InfinityMember since 2006
from what i have read so far, net wide, the rmx got a high return rate, the machine is fun but i have heard alots about ppl having to return it for new one. mine still work, im touching wood..

Posted Thu 14 Aug 08 @ 10:22 am
well i think that mine rmx has a software problem and not an hardware problem and the store where i bought it, they also say that this is an software problem and not a hardware problem
tommorow they will call hercules about this problem.. so tommorow i know more..
its to bad that such fine hardware machine has to suffer under bad software...

Posted Thu 14 Aug 08 @ 11:59 am
U need to understand, that the software that came with the rmx is a gift infact to get u started. It the VDJ Le version. U could have a discount to upgrade to pro anyway.

The Pro version on the other hand is a profesional software n its not bad. User that have upgrade from the Le version to the Pro version will tell u that it did work as expected.

The herc rmx is also a fine product but i think they could be something missing abt in the config when using the LE version tho. Anyway if u have the answer from herc support team, do keep us informed n all the best;)

Regards.

Posted Thu 14 Aug 08 @ 3:26 pm
its getting frustrating i'am trying to register at hercules but i'am waiting to get a e-mail from them.. and that was tuesday so i cannot contact them because
i have to REGISTER.... and NO-ONE is answering my problems: 1218646168 Error in the sound driver Wed 13 Aug 08 @ 18:49:28 Not read yet
its pefetic... the store where i bought the Rmx said that they called to hercules but it is in france.. and french people have to discover english because
they couldnt even speak proper english, so they didnt understand each other. an employee of the store also said that i MUST register at hercules because that is given the Error in the sound driver problem
because one employee had that problem to, but i cant because hercules doesnt send me a message for my password to register..

so i'am still at a dead end.

to be continued...

Posted Fri 15 Aug 08 @ 3:04 pm
Hi,

Pls be patience as maybe they are bz atm;)

In the meantime while u want to register at the herc site support, do have a look at the herc forum http://www.herculesdjmixroom.com/en-us/forum/ . More rmx user there n i sure they too can be of assist to u;)

Cheers.

Posted Fri 15 Aug 08 @ 3:19 pm
thnx!

i am also wondering what kind of version some guys have with their audio/midi config. because i recently had 8 updates that could be installed.
mine version of audio/midi is version: 2.2.2 and i have a imac 20 inch
are their more people with the same version?

Posted Fri 15 Aug 08 @ 5:06 pm

Posted Mon 18 Aug 08 @ 1:45 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)