Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DN-HS5500/DBM4000

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello,

I was wondering if I could potentially get some sort of walkthru/help in setting up my new products. I must admit I am new at DJ'ing and I am having a hard time trying to set up everything. I want to be able to use my 2 5500's separately just as I would 2 CD players and would like to be able to use my mixer externally with the controls being active in VDJ. Also I am having a hard time trying to set up the sound tab. Someone please help me. This would be greatly appreciated. I think I just need help all around. Once I get everything set up I will be fine:). Thank you.

Hawk

Posted Sun 10 Aug 08 @ 5:38 am
Hello again,

I forgot to add in my post. The DDM400, is there a certain way I should be mapping the controls to work properly in VDJ and if so how in the world do i accomplish this. I need help guyz. I have my daughters B-Day party next Saturday and I need this setup to be functional. Any help will be appreciated.

Hawk

Posted Sun 10 Aug 08 @ 5:55 am
fergmanPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hi Hawk,

You've bought alot of gear for one so new to DJing and i'm not sure that you've targeted your spending properly. Both of your Denons are capable of playing 2 tracks at the same time which gives you 4 . So I suppose my point is that one denon 5500 is sufficient to do a gig. So what exactly are you trying to achieve. Plug a hdd into the back of one and connect its outputs to the channels 1 & 2 of mixer and off you go.

If you want to use virtual dj then connect your 2nd denon to your laptop.. put the denon in midi mode and connect the audio outs of the denon to channel 3 and 4 of the mixer. Under the sound tab select the external mixer option and select the Denon audio driver. You now have control of 4 decks on the External mixer ( i'd say that that would even be enough for Carl Cox)

Native support is now available for the 5500 in virtual dj5.2. .. so select the 5500 controller under the remote control panel instead of midi mapper.

I haven't used the dbm4000 but it doesn't look at all practical and I would expect its sound to be fairly harsh. Its a bit like buying a sports car and putting remould tyres on the wheels. A pioneer djm800 would suit if you really wanted midi functionality. All the denon mixers are fine too.

I think the Denon hc4500 would have been a more practical solution with virtual dj.
It sounds like the salesman was doing the shopping for you.

Best regards
Ferg.

Posted Mon 11 Aug 08 @ 3:50 pm
lol said it right and to me when company make there first gear i don't buy ask for i'm waiting for denon to make the next midi controller

Posted Sun 17 Aug 08 @ 4:03 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)