Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Hey guys, new here.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

yangezPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Went out and bought Hercules Rmx. Don't know what the difference is between this and Mk2 but I figured, hey, it's more expensive and newer so it shouldn't be worse, right? By the way, is it normal for the EQ kill buttons to not light up when they're activated?

Anyways, I mainly like Top 40 and a lot of random hip hop/rap/r&b. I used to listen to melodic trance like DJ Mangoo but none of the "classics" like oakenfold, paul van dyk, tiesto, whatever. I figured that since I spend a lot of my time sitting around listening to a bunch of songs anyways I might as well stop being a spectator, so I'm trying this out. Maybe in a year I can work my way up and moonlight as a DJ but at the very least I'll have fun mixing songs.

I'm looking for suggestions... How should I begin? Any song suggestions/tips/tricks? Thanks, lookin forward to posting some mixes here.

Posted Mon 04 Aug 08 @ 10:18 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi yangez, welcome:)

The rmx is in fact better than the mk2, so u are not at lost.

Hmm u might wanna take a look at this thread for instances. It may help ya.

Regards.

Posted Tue 05 Aug 08 @ 5:24 pm
D-RellLE userMember since 2007
What up spinna j. Whenever i record and then listen to the final product i can hear both sides going at the same time even if i had the crossfader to the left. What am i dong wrong? What option do i have to have set in virtual dj for it not to record that way.

Posted Tue 05 Aug 08 @ 11:41 pm
Wat version of VDJ u using D-rell? Have u downloaded the recent driver for ur herc?

Posted Wed 06 Aug 08 @ 5:05 am
Ya im guessing i have the latest drivers. The last thing i downloaded was like in july and it was 2008_HDJS_2 and im using version 5.0. oh and im using 2 turntables with a external mixer. so the sound comes from that. Do i need to have the crossfader on the screen in a certain spot or what?

Posted Wed 06 Aug 08 @ 11:16 am
what up spinna j you still there?

Posted Thu 07 Aug 08 @ 2:58 am
Sorry i'm bz atm. Hmm u need to have the y cable from ur rec out (on the external mixer) to the line in of ur lappy. In setting of VDJ choose line in on the record tab. U can't use the master or master +mic options. Also make ur mk2 crossfader in the middle all the time or disable it in ur VDJ config. And there u have it;)

Also pls register ur pro version D-rell n i hope to see u with us soon:)

Posted Thu 07 Aug 08 @ 8:21 am
D-Rell wrote :
What up spinna j. Whenever i record and then listen to the final product i can hear both sides going at the same time even if i had the crossfader to the left. What am i dong wrong? What option do i have to have set in virtual dj for it not to record that way.

D-Rell. Did Spinna J's suggestion work? I recorded a hours of remixes, but most recently I am having the same problem as you. All drivers are updated and I didn't touch anything. Please let me know and thanks.

Posted Fri 03 Apr 09 @ 6:31 pm
Hi 321 enterprises, r u using external mixer too to record out to ur lappy. Use and select ur lappy card in line in or there is another way. Use for example free application such as audacity and record ur mix;)

Posted Sat 04 Apr 09 @ 11:59 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)