Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: A Question about video

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

if the the video comes out a video port how do you mix video with an external mixer. wouldnt you see both videos during cue... i confused about that

Posted Wed 30 Jul 08 @ 10:11 pm
DL the trial version.

There is a skin called "Full Video"

It has three vid windows on the skin. One larger one in the middle, and two small ones. The small ones are for video preveiw/cueing in each deck. The larger one in the middle is the main video output (what your audience sees)

You preview/cue with your decks normally, and monitor your main with the skin.

To have the video output go to a second monitor - you must have a video card capable of dual monitor support; either with 2 monitors, or one monitor (for you) and a TV, projector, video switcher, whatever.

Be sure to head off problems before they start up; If using XP use a DIRECTX 9 Video card only Vista video cards (directx 10) can cause little green lines on the second display.

Welcome to the mad world of mixing videos. If you search the forums there are some examples of music video mixing from myself and many others.

Posted Wed 30 Jul 08 @ 10:38 pm
ok still lost im using 1200s... how will the video mix with the way i scratch, runbacks, juggles as i do them ? do you mean i have to do seperate mixing with the vidoe in the program

Posted Wed 30 Jul 08 @ 11:09 pm
No you will need TIMECODED vinyls - get them from the online store. These plus a 4 line in, 4 line out soundcard will allow you to hook the tables up to the soundcard, then to the computer.

The movement of the Vinyl will correspond to the video on the screens.

The movement of the crossfader will not come through the display unless you get a MIDI mixer. I suggest the Pioneer djm800 (I think) There are video transitions and a plugin that maps the mixer for VDJ use. (external tools section in plugin downloads). There is also a neat plugin for Midi mixers that allows for volume fade to black (standard on 5.1 and newer.)

But for basic video mixing you can get by with standard DJ gear and TIMECODED VINYLS.

It takes time and practise.

Posted Thu 31 Jul 08 @ 1:06 am
Marcel

Thanks for your advise, i am a newbee in video mixing space and want to buy Pro version of VDJ as compare to DVj and SVM (just for cost perspective).

I am having issue in sending video to my projector any help with be favor, i am using Dell XPS1330 with Nvidia 8400 grapichs card it supports dual monitor output, my dell has hdmi port only and i am streming video thourg that to my projector or through DVI port.

But while doing that my dell sends the complete desktop view inspite of sending only VDJ video, am i doing something worng or missing it

Will apreciate if you can let me know how to do setup for sending video to projector.

Regards

Posted Thu 31 Jul 08 @ 10:39 pm
right click in your desktop and chose the second display and click "Extend desktop to this monitor"

then in VDJ video options, choose your viideo card, instead of window. then you should have a full screen video output of only your video.

Posted Thu 31 Jul 08 @ 11:11 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)