Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Please Help "Error in the Sound Driver"

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I get a message error in the sound driver every time I try to start up virtual dj 5.2. It's been working fine for the month that I've had it . This problem has only started in the past day or so. I'm using a Hercules RMX with a MacBook Pro operating on Leopard 10.5.4 with 2gb of ram. All the controls work on the RMX except for the play buttons. I've uninstalled the Hercules drivers and VDJ software; downloaded the newest versions and installed them 5 or 6 times. I've tried installing the software from the original start-up disc, and plugging into different USB ports, but I get the same results. I've got gigs on the calendar and I need to be up and running ASAP or I'll have to buy another program and eat the $150 I spent on the Pro edition.

Posted Wed 30 Jul 08 @ 4:49 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

"Error in the Sound Driver"

All that means is that VirtualDJ has detect a change in you Sound setup of VirtualDJ config, since you've last used it, you might get that, or "Error in Asio Driver" or a DirectX error.

What settings are you using the RMX on (in sound setup)

Posted Wed 30 Jul 08 @ 6:18 pm
I don't know how the Mac version works exactly, but with the Windows version this would be because Virtual DJ has been instructed to use a Direct X driver when your card is in Asio mode or vice-versa. I would imagine it's the same issue on the Mac, i.e. the soundcard is set to use a different driver format than has been specified in the soundcards control panel.

Edit: looks like Jimmy B beat me too it by a couple of minutes!

Posted Wed 30 Jul 08 @ 6:23 pm
I have VDJ sound setup as follows:
Inputs: None
Outputs: Headphones
Soundcard(s): DJ Console RMX
Output Channels: Master: Channel 1&2 / Headphones Channels 3&4

This how I've had it set up since I first bought the software without a problem until now.

Posted Wed 30 Jul 08 @ 6:43 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Andrew87 wrote :
Edit: looks like Jimmy B beat me too it by a couple of minutes!

Yeah it does mate :)

I know these errors as I used to get them aswell, till I sorted out while they kept popping up when launching VirtualDJ.

@geraldm49 I know this sounds daft, but try de-activating the controller,and then activating the controller again in the remote control tab,

Or de-activate the RMX, shut down VirtualDJ, then open it up again, then activate the controller, BTW you might get another error but don't worry about it.

See if that works

Posted Wed 30 Jul 08 @ 8:59 pm
I deactivate RMX in remote control tab; click ok; reactivate= same problem

I deactivate.....close VDJ. When I reopen VDJ the RMX is already activated even though I just deactivated and clicked ok.= same problem

I've even tried deactivating RMX; resetting to factory defaults; and closing VDJ
and
deactivating RMX; resetting to factory defaults; closing VDJ; and restarting entire computer.= same problem

Posted Thu 31 Jul 08 @ 4:52 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Thu 31 Jul 08 @ 5:02 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)